CMD /scan does not check for movies too

Trampmasta

Dec 4, 2021, 10:47:03 AM12/4/21
to TV Rename
Hello,

Is there something i need to do to enable the command line scan to check for movies too?
I know the Movies option is pretty new and may not be checking for movies yet, just wanted to make sure i am not doing something wrong here.

Thanks for the consideration and product!

Trey

Trampmasta

Dec 4, 2021, 10:49:54 AM12/4/21
to TV Rename
Oh forgot to mention, if you have more than a certain amount of movies it doesnt appear to scroll all the way for only movies. so i get stuck around the T's and have to filter and know what movies i have in there below the T's. I thought it could just be my resolution was set to low but changing that didnt seem to make much of a difference.

Sparky53

Dec 7, 2021, 8:10:05 AM12/7/21
to TV Rename
The command line /scan /quickscan and /recentscan will do exactly the same as clicking the buttons from in the main window. (ie they scan both). Does it work correctly in interactive mode for you?

There was a problem in older versions that meant that when running from the command line then TV Rename started doing actions before the scan had finished then quitting, but that has been resolved (if you are on the latest version)

Sparky53

Dec 7, 2021, 8:11:15 AM12/7/21
to TV Rename
Can you show a screenshot of your movie issue please? Seems to go all the way down to z for me.

Trampmasta

Dec 8, 2021, 8:26:24 AM12/8/21
to TV Rename
Interactive seems to work and i am on the latest version. let me test again and see if i can figure it out!

Trampmasta

Dec 8, 2021, 8:28:02 AM12/8/21
to TV Rename
2021-12-08.png
Its like the window gets cut off.

Trampmasta

Dec 8, 2021, 8:33:50 AM12/8/21
to TV Rename
cancel that. i changed the scaling to 100 because this screen was 150 and it seems to be ok now!
thanks for the reply!

Sparky53

Dec 8, 2021, 9:45:09 AM12/8/21
to TV Rename
great - glad it's OK now

Pontus Berg

Dec 8, 2021, 5:50:30 PM12/8/21
to TV Rename
I have the same scaling issue as Trampmasta. If scaling is anything else than 100% not all of your components gracefully adjust, and I would assume it should. People with high DPI screens will surely have windows default scaling to something other/larger than 100%, which means that a large number of users would have this trouble as well.

The list of movies extends beyond the main forms lower edge (as can be seen on Trampmastas screenshot) and in my case and the information on the panel on the right extends beyond the right border - possibly also beyond the lower. If Trampmasta would have selected one of the entries from the list, I guess it would have been visible on his screen shot as well.

Sparky53

Dec 9, 2021, 4:55:29 AM12/9/21
to TV Rename
There are a few issues with high DPI screens etc. Very difficult for me to fix at the moment as I don't have a high DPI screen to test on! They are tracked in Github: https://github.com/TV-Rename/tvrename/issues?q=is%3Aissue+is%3Aopen+label%3AUI-DPI

Pontus Berg

Dec 9, 2021, 5:19:06 AM12/9/21
to TV Rename
But you can enforce the behaviour of such a screen by just setting the scaling to something other than 100%. Even 125% would trigger any anomaly.

(Rightclick on the desktop and select the video settings where you see the scaling as one of the options on the first page)

Sparky53

Dec 9, 2021, 5:50:15 AM12/9/21
to TV Rename

Not for me though. It always behaves for me irrespective of my settings.

Trampmasta

Dec 15, 2021, 4:12:17 PM12/15/21
to TV Rename
yea i ended up having to just change my resolution and deal with some blur on my text unfortunately. hoping it will get addressed in one of the High DPI issues that are outstanding! Thanks for the follow ups!

Pontus Berg

Dec 15, 2021, 7:04:34 PM12/15/21
to TV Rename
Did you try to create a shortcut with a compatibility setting? This works a lot better than the default for me:

Trampmasta

Dec 16, 2021, 4:00:08 PM12/16/21
to TV Rename
I have one screen that is 1360x768 and that is the one that it isnt working on. maybe just time to get a new one!