TVRename Scan Movies finds missing movies that are actually not missing

Hassan El-Zayyat

Apr 13, 2024, 12:17:13 PMApr 13
to TV Rename
"Scan Movies" shows some movies missing, here's a screenshot:

Clipboarder.2024.04.13.png
However these movies are in the correct place:
Clipboarder.2024.04.13-003.png
and clicking "Watch now" starts the correct movie, clicking "Open Containing Folder" opens the correct folder.
If I "Browse for..." the movie and point to the existing file, TVRename just copies it to the same folder and on the next scan it still is listed as missing. I have tried moving the files to my search folder, deleting them in TVRename, and adding them again, but in the next movie scan they appear as missing once more.

Any thoughts?

Tom Snyder

Apr 14, 2024, 12:00:54 PMApr 14
to TV Rename
I could be wrong, but based on what you've shown, TVR is looking for a directory for both of the parts of the Twilight Saga under "P-T" and instead you have listed the content of what those directories would hold.

Hassan El-Zayyat

Apr 14, 2024, 6:12:59 PMApr 14
to TV Rename
I'm not sure what you mean by "would hold". Both parts of the Twilight Saga ARE in the P-T folder, along with all the associated .jpg and .nfo files. Other movies in that folder are shown correctly in TV Rename's Movies list.
I didn't show it but the other two "missing" movies (Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Parts 1 and 2) are also present in the appropriate folder.

Tom Snyder

Apr 14, 2024, 9:09:51 PMApr 14
to TV Rename

Let's just stick with Breaking Dawn for now, to make it easier.   After thinking about it some more, I don't think a directory is part of the problem, as I was originally thinking.  Could you please screen capture the Folders and Aliases display from the Edit pop-up?

Hassan El-Zayyat

Apr 15, 2024, 6:17:35 AMApr 15
to TV Rename
Clipboarder.2024.04.15-003.pngClipboarder.2024.04.15-004.png
I removed the custom alias but that had no effect.

Hassan El-Zayyat

Apr 15, 2024, 10:20:11 AMApr 15
to TV Rename
I noticed that the two problem movies were the only ones in my collection that had a Part 1 and Part 2. On a hunch I added two movies: Gangs of Wasseypur Parts 1 and 2. Scan Movies and, tada!Clipboarder.2024.04.15-005.png

Tom Snyder

Apr 21, 2024, 8:32:35 AMApr 21
to TV Rename
I'm sorry for the delay in getting back to you... been busy.  You've definitely probably hit on the problem with the Parts.  I've never really dealt with Parts before.  The only one I have is Mel Brooks' History of the World, Part 1 which was a movie.  Many years later he came out with History of the World, Part 2 which was a limited Hulu series.  So, they never interacted with one another.  Have you ever thought of just combining the two parts into one movie, or redownloading the full movie and replacing that for the parts?  I'm sure they are only parts because they couldn't fit on a DVD or CD as the full movie.  You're not dealing with optical disks anymore, these are digital files and can be as big as you want.  Besides, you can most definitely get better quality now as a full file than anything that had to fit on DVDs/CDs in parts back when you got them.
Otherwise, maybe Mark, the author of TVRename, could give some hints on how 'Parts' work within TVR.  Or, maybe someone else.

Hassan El-Zayyat

Apr 21, 2024, 6:27:46 PMApr 21
to TV Rename
Thanks Tom for your interest.
These are not the old CD1, CD2 2-part movies. These are separate  movies that were released (and listed on IMDB for example) with a title that includes "Part x". There is no one movie containing both "Parts". One such movie currently in theaters is Dune: Part 2 (the earlier movie was not called Dune: Part 1 but just Dune.) TMDB (https://www.themoviedb.org/search?query=The%20Twilight%20Saga%3A%20Breaking%20Dawn) list them that way, so renaming them to say The Twilight Saga - Breaking Dawn A and will result in TV Rename renaming them to ---: Part 1 and 2.
 Clipboarder.2024.04.22.png

Tom Snyder

Apr 22, 2024, 2:46:04 PMApr 22
to TV Rename
Now I understand where you are coming from with the parts.  I set up The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - Part 1 on my TVR.  I downloaded the video and gave it a try.  It worked normal.  I renamed it to what you had listed and it still worked normal.  I renamed it to several other things and it still worked normal.  I even enabled the moving of the 'The' to the end of the name, still normal.  There must be something in your settings that are different from mine.   You know, I don't ever recall seeing "Missing Movie" listed under Type in the Scan display.  I've already deleted the Twilight Saga setup on my TVR, so I can't easily test it right now, but I just noticed that you don't have a "\" (backslash) at the end of your folder paths; I always do.  Another thing I do differently is that I don't use network IP addressing like 192.168.5.78.  I can't remember what you call the addressing, where it is something like \\BackupStation\video\TomVideos\TomMovies\.  I think it has another name other than Device Addressing, but that is basically what it is.  You might want to try that.  Otherwise, I think I'm out of ideas.  It's probably something really simple that we are both missing.