Prune the library

Guillermo

Jun 21, 2022, 3:22:40 PM6/21/22
to TV Rename
What is the easiest way to search for films or series that are in the library but no longer exist in the physical disk / path / route, is it possible to "clean" them, like delete them?

B.R.

Sparky53

Jun 22, 2022, 12:33:56 AM6/22/22
to TV Rename
Do you have 'missing check' enabled?

Sparky53

Jun 22, 2022, 12:38:07 AM6/22/22
to TV Rename
Missing check will find all shows in your library that do not exist on the filesystem.

Guillermo

Jun 22, 2022, 8:16:16 AM6/22/22
to TV Rename
Hi Sparky, I don't think I have made myself understood correctly.

I have missing check enabled for everything, but I think it searches for missing chapters.

I have a movie or tv series, I catalogue it, I add it to the library, I watch it, I get tired of it, I delete it and "it's still in the library" as I can tell tvrename, it looks for all the folders "you think I have" and the ones I don't have, it deletes the entry in the library as it doesn't exist with "movies" as much as with tv series.

I can go into the programme and one by one delete the films and series I no longer have, but there is no way to do this automatically within the programme itself.

Tom Snyder

Jun 22, 2022, 1:58:07 PM6/22/22
to TV Rename
I guess I was a little confused about what you wanted, too, because I thought Sparky gave a good answer.  I think I might understand now - How about this?
Tools > Clean Empty Library Folders...
I've never used it myself so I don't know how it works.  Good luck!

Sparky53

Jun 23, 2022, 12:41:57 AM6/23/22
to TV Rename
Clean Empty Library folders will look for folders in the library that have no media files in them and remove them. It will not adjust the library.

The only thing that I can think of that's similar is to what you are after is the 'TV Show Summary" then use the "Hide Shows with Disk Episodes". Maybe add a right click action here to "Remove Show from Library"

For Movies then you can from the Movies tab do a "Scan Movies". Any that are missing will appear in the scan results. Againwe'd need a 'delete show' as an option on the right click menu here.

So, in short, no - there is not the option you are looking for. Would have to be custom development

Cheers

Pontus Berg

Jun 23, 2022, 5:56:55 AM6/23/22
to TV Rename
The way I have addressed it is really anything but convenient, but it does work:

Uncheck option to clean unused directories, and then scan to enable the directories. Now you should have directories for all entries.

Then I use Total commander, and have it scan my current directory for the size of each subfolder (ALT+SHIFT+ENTER). Then sort the directories for size. Anything that is empty (no files at all) or very small (likely only containing the fanart.jpg or something equally small) are suspects here.

Then I process each of the entries identified. The scan is lost if you enter a folder, so I make a screen grab of the list and use it as a to do list.