Manually Updating TVRename

Steven K

Jul 27, 2022, 8:04:24 AM7/27/22
to TV Rename
As far as I can tell, the "Update Available..." button nor the Help - Check For New Version menu item do anything when clicked to get the update.  Either option does not present any dialogs.  When clicking on the" Update Availaible..." button, it briefly disappears and then reappears after a few seconds.  I assume it's because I have the "No dialog when an update is available" checked.  I thought this setting was to keep the dialog from popping up automatically when the software is started.  I want the dialog to still pop up when I manually click on the "Update Available..." button or the Help - Check For New Version menu item just not on its own when I start the software.  Is that what this checkbox setting supposed to do?

Sparky53

Jul 27, 2022, 8:24:26 AM7/27/22
to TV Rename
Message has been deleted

Steven K

Sep 8, 2022, 9:05:40 AM9/8/22
to TV Rename
Version 4.7.9 does not include this fix.

Tom Snyder

Sep 8, 2022, 10:40:40 AM9/8/22
to TV Rename
What about 4.8.0?  I always get my updates directly from Github for any program that is on Github.

Steven K

Sep 9, 2022, 7:55:06 AM9/9/22
to TV Rename
I'll let you know when 4.8.0 shows an update.

Steven K

Nov 6, 2022, 12:52:09 AM11/6/22
to TV Rename
Dude!! Update button in version 4.8.0 also still broken.

Steven K

Nov 6, 2022, 12:53:09 AM11/6/22
to TV Rename
The "Check for New Version" option is also broken.

Sparky53

Nov 6, 2022, 1:57:40 AM11/6/22
to TV Rename
in 4.8.2?

Steven K

Nov 6, 2022, 9:40:44 AM11/6/22
to TV Rename
Okay.  Looks like I can check for a new version from the drop down menu as it says there's no new update.  I'll confirm when a new update gets pushed out.  Thanks!