Missing files ...

Pontus Berg

Nov 13, 2022, 6:51:28 AM11/13/22
to TV Rename
As I told before, I had a ransomware attack (Deadbolt) on my QNAP that killed most of the videomaterial and the folder jpg. I deleted them all, and am in the process of rebuilding the collection. TVR keeps a list of what I once had, which is a great thing. An extra little, thing which I believe is relevant: A number of folders still contain the nfo file I got with the video.

When I do a "movie search", the number of "missings" listed in the search is only a really small subset of the db entries where I don't have a video file.

My ASSUMPTION is that the "movie search" lists "missing" as the db entries where there is no folder. An empty folder might be deleted, but in my scenario, given the nfo, the otherwise empty folders aren't deleted. These entries don't show up in the search as missing.

(4.8.3 videos found in the search folder are added every time I do a search).

Pontus Berg

Nov 13, 2022, 7:08:31 AM11/13/22
to TV Rename
On the last thing; the movie "The Bridge over the River Kwai" is detected in my search folder, but a move is not triggered at the end of the movie search.

If I search for the Swedish name ("Bron över floiden Kwai") or just "Kwai" it's nicely found. I select to add. But that's all that happens. The search continues, but there is no entry shown in the end that it wishes to move.

There is an entry in the DB so that part did work. Issuing a quick scan also does nothing.

So I had to move the movie file manually to the folder that TVR has created.

Issuing a quick scan would normally suggest to rename the file, but it didn't.

Skärmklipp.PNG

Sparky53

Nov 22, 2022, 1:27:50 AM11/22/22
to TV Rename
No - it should be checking the extension of the files correctly. Can you double check your "video extensions" under Preferences -> "Files and Folders"

Sparky53

Nov 22, 2022, 1:30:47 AM11/22/22
to TV Rename
Re Kwai:  Possibly this issue: https://groups.google.com/g/tvrename/c/TwvOJU9_aDI ?