Archive flag set on files after rename

Rob McInnes

Jul 27, 2021, 7:52:02 PM7/27/21
to TV Rename
Hi all.  As the title says: when running the rename function from Win10 over my network to a Linux Mint PC (for Plexing), Windows starts to see these files as "fake folders" (is the only way I can describe the icon and lack of functionality) -- however, I've found that removing the archive bit via Win file properties will restore Win10's ability to recognise these media files a files, not archives/folders.  Is this archive-flagging a function of TVRename, or is there some other Windows cross-OS issue at play here?  Anyone else come across this?

Sparky53

Jul 28, 2021, 1:01:10 AM7/28/21
to TV Rename

Hey ,

Can you show us what the  "fake folders" is before and after? If it is seen by others the we can add a feature to always remove the archive bit. But TVR does not modify file properties directly. (it can update the modified time for some files to align to the update time /aired time)

Cheers