Command line parameters

Tom Snyder

Jan 7, 2022, 1:54:26 PM1/7/22
to TV Rename
Sparky or anyone,

Could you please post a complete list of all the command line parameters for TV Rename and their purpose?  I've looked throughout the Manual and the Forum for the complete list but I was only able to find a few of them.  I know I've seen more.

Thanks in advance!

Sparky53

Jan 8, 2022, 2:42:11 AM1/8/22
to TV Rename
Try /? And look at the logs

Tom Snyder

Jan 8, 2022, 7:30:04 PM1/8/22
to TV Rename
Really?  I feel so embarrassed.  Always try the basics first, I guess.

It probably will be awhile before I get to play around with those parameters as I was thinking of doing.  After 8 years of running non-stop my main Window 7 machine finally died on me yesterday or became victim to a virus.  Various BSODs every time I boot up or at random times.  All my data is safe on NASes and my C drive was backed up nightly.  Unfortunately when I tried to restore the C: drive to a never used Win7 computer that I bought about 5 years ago (to replace the main computer but I never got around to doing) the BSODs followed along with it.
So, I'm either going to have to use a backup from further back before the problem or virus was on the C: drive or just start with a new install of Win7 and load in and setup all my programs again manually.  Yuk!

I think I explained once here why I stick with Win7.  Firstly, I like it, it just works.  And the main reason being that Microsoft dropped Windows Media Center after Win8.  Choosing between Win7 or 8, I'll take 7, thank you.  With WMC and a device like a Silicondust Homerun Prime box (with Cablecard) I can record cable TV shows that are even DRM protected.  The only other PVR that can do this is Silicondust's own PVR and it is kind of sucky compared to WMC.  Some people have gotten WMC to work with Win10 and 11 but you have to jump through hoops and  it won't work with a Cablecard box.

So, see you all again someday (maybe).

Tom Snyder

Mar 9, 2022, 7:12:01 PM3/9/22
to TV Rename
After 2 months I finally got around to doing the /? trick.
I'm posting the results here for anyone that might also want a copy of the command line parameters ...

/forcerefresh will refresh all TVDB, TMDB and TV Maze information
/forceupdate will verify TVDB & TMDB information is up to date
/quickupdate will do a quick update from TVDB, TMDB and TV Maze
/scan will Tell TV Rename to run a full scan
/quickscan will scan shows most likely to need an update: http://www.tvrename.com/userguide#scan
/recentscan will scan recent shows: http://www.tvrename.com/userguide#scan
/doall Tell TV Rename execute all the actions it can.
/export Tell TV Rename do any configured exports.
/quit Tell a running TV Rename session to exit.
/save Tell a running TV Rename session to save its caches.

/hide will hide the UI for all UI elements
/unattended will hide the UI for all blocking UI elements

/recover will load a dialog box that enables the user to recover a prior TVDB.xml or TVRenameSettings.xml file
/userfilepath:BLAH  Sets a custom folder path for the settings files.
/createmissing will Create folders if they are missing.
/ignoremissing will Ignore missing folders.
/norenamecheck requests an existing TV Rename session to scan without renaming.

Further information is available at https://www.tvrename.com/manual/cmd-line/