Alpha 26 Crash Back

Steven K

Jun 7, 2021, 3:08:40 PM6/7/21
to TV Rename

Alpha 26 crashes on <StartupTab2>MyShows</StartupTab2>.

Manually changed this line to <StartupTab2></StartupTab2> which I believe reverts it back to <StartupTab2>MyMovies</StartupTab2>, and it no longer crashes.

MyMovies works okay.
Scan works okay.
WTW works okay.

Sparky53

Jun 7, 2021, 9:54:32 PM6/7/21
to TV Rename
This is so random. MyMovies and MyShows are built the same (esp when looking at the new browser component). I'll have another look to see if there is anything that coudl be causing the issue

Once itis set to MyMovies, does that stop it crashign for you? (or do you have to update the settings file each time)

Does the setting now match the configured settign for you?

Steven K

Jun 7, 2021, 10:24:26 PM6/7/21
to TV Rename
I know. This is so weird. Yes, changing the setting to anything other than MyShows makes the crash go away. This can either be set in the software or manually in the settings file. Once set, I don’t have any crashes nor do I have to mess with that setting again.  The software starts up fine every time. If I set it back to MyShows in the software or settings file, the crash returns on next startup. The setting in the file does now reflect the drop down  selection for all of the options when saved.