API v4 down?

Tom Snyder

May 23, 2024, 10:49:57 PMMay 23
to TV Rename
Anyone else getting this tonight?

Screenshot 2024-05-23 10.46.43 PM.png

NoName NoName

May 24, 2024, 12:16:05 AMMay 24
to TV Rename
Not that error, but I am getting another error since late this afternoon, west coast time.
ScreenHunter_830 2024-05-23 21.15.jpg

Michael Rutherford

May 24, 2024, 12:17:55 AMMay 24
to TV Rename
I am also getting the above error message.

Tom Snyder

May 24, 2024, 1:24:42 AMMay 24
to TV Rename
NoName,
That's the one I got as well.   I, then, clicked on "API Check" and everything was showing as alright.  Then I noticed that it wasn't checking the correct API server, since I'm using the v4 API (which I believe everyone or almost everyone is using now.)  I manually entered the address for the v4 server and got the 404 error I posted above.  The v4 server address is https://api4.thetvdb.com and so the API Check address should be https://www.isitdownrightnow.com/api4.thetvdb.com.html.

Phillip Marr

May 24, 2024, 3:55:36 AMMay 24
to TV Rename
I'm also getting the error as NoName, but not confident enough to click any of the buttons.

Adrian Mayers

May 24, 2024, 4:04:19 AMMay 24
to TV Rename
I am also getting the error, and there is no way to do a full scan, except for Go Offline.

When I click Relogin_Retry, it just pops back up again.
API Check says it is reachable and online....?

Any ideas?

2024-05-24.png

Dennis Holthuijsen

May 24, 2024, 5:13:18 AMMay 24
to TV Rename
Same error here

Rob Craddock

May 24, 2024, 7:53:21 AMMay 24
to TV Rename
I'm getting the error but when I check the API it is showing as up and running I am getting the error message others are getting

Rob Craddock

May 24, 2024, 7:54:01 AMMay 24
to TV Rename
I am also getting this error

Dimpie

May 24, 2024, 7:55:18 AMMay 24
to TV Rename
same

Roger D

May 24, 2024, 8:37:56 AMMay 24
to TV Rename
Unable to refresh database since yesterday and similar, or possibly the same, error as Adrian.

Hassan El-Zayyat

May 24, 2024, 9:02:10 AMMay 24
to TV Rename
API Check checks api.thetvdb.com which apparently is up but is the version 3 server.
Clipboarder.2024.05.24-002.png
The version 4 server, api4.thetvdb.com is down for everybody:
Clipboarder.2024.05.24-003.png
At least in the current version of TV Rename that I am using, there is no option to use anything but v4:
Clipboarder.2024.05.24-004.png

Don Dotcom

May 24, 2024, 9:03:24 AMMay 24
to TV Rename
Looks like it's been reported.

Tom Snyder

May 24, 2024, 12:31:43 PMMay 24
to TV Rename
It's working for me now.  I did a full scan and the program crashed.  I loaded up TVRename again and did a full scan again, and this time it worked.

Dimpie

May 24, 2024, 12:37:33 PMMay 24
to TV Rename
Working ;)