Future Episodes In Scan Results?

Steven K

Jun 19, 2022, 2:51:24 PM6/19/22
to TV Rename
How do I keep from getting future episodes results in scan list when "Include Future Episodes" setting is already unchecked?  Today's date is 6/19/2022.  See attached.
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG

Tom Snyder

Jun 19, 2022, 5:06:54 PM6/19/22
to TV Rename
That's the TV Show Default setting - What do you have set in the Advanced section of Edit for the individual shows that are showing up as missing early?

Steven K

Jun 19, 2022, 10:20:24 PM6/19/22
to TV Rename
That's the problem.  Didn't think to look there.  Thanks a bunch!

Tom Snyder

Jun 20, 2022, 12:06:44 AM6/20/22
to TV Rename
My pleasure.  I've been there and done that.

Steven K

Jun 21, 2022, 8:31:12 AM6/21/22
to TV Rename
Yeah, had to replace my hard drive the other day and needed to set TVR back up from scratch.  Wish I had backed up the settings file.  Apparently, I had "Include Future Episodes" checked in "TV Show Defaults" when I bulked added all the shows back in.  This caused every single show to set its individual setting to "Include Future Episodes".  Aargh!

I did find that changing the filename naming template changes all the video and nfo filenames properly on the hard drive but fails to rename the thumbnail files which causes TVR to redownload them with the new template naming.  Therefore, every TV show on my hard drive has a bunch of duplicated original thumbnail files still under the original name.  I had to go through every TV show folder and manually delete those.  I think I got everything pretty much re-created now.

Sparky53

Jun 21, 2022, 9:32:11 AM6/21/22
to TV Rename
The 'Settings Check'  feature (along with right click and 'Fix') is your friend when fixing situations when settings for many shows is not aligned to the default settings.

I'll look into the -thumb renaming issue

Steven K

Jun 21, 2022, 11:03:04 AM6/21/22
to TV Rename
Cool.  Yeah, I just did a find and replace in the settings file to change it back from including future episodes.  Worked like a champ.

Steven K

Jun 24, 2022, 8:07:23 AM6/24/22
to TV Rename
So I did the Settings Check and for every show in my library, I now have 3 errors.  I'm not sure why I'd get any errors if I bulk added all the shows in from scratch and let TVR completely handle naming everything in the library to begin with.  I'm also reluctant to click on the "fix" button because I'm not exactly understanding what these errors are trying to tell me, and I don't want to mess anything up since it appears everything looks good in the library right now.  Below is one example of the 3 errors I'm getting.

Only Murders in the Building, [TV] Use Custom season Folder Name Format, TV Show does not use the library default for AutomaticFolder creation (Season {Season:2}), it uses customFolderFormat Season {Season}
Only Murders in the Building, [TV] Use Custom season subfolder Format, TV Show does not use the library default (libraryDefaultFolderFormat) for folders creation, it uses Subfolders per season Season {Season} (customFolderFormat)
Only Murders in the Building, [TV] Use default source provider, TV Show does not use the library default, (The TVDB), it uses The TVDB (Hardcoded)

Sparky53

Jun 29, 2022, 9:43:52 PM6/29/22
to TV Rename

Only Murders in the Building, [TV] Use Custom season Folder Name Format, TV Show does not use the library default for AutomaticFolder creation (Season {Season:2}), it uses customFolderFormat Season {Season}
This means that the library default is to call seasons 'Season 01', but the selected show has its configuration set to deviate from that and to call seasons 'Season 1'

Only Murders in the Building, [TV] Use Custom season subfolder Format, TV Show does not use the library default (libraryDefaultFolderFormat) for folders creation, it uses Subfolders per season Season {Season} (customFolderFormat)
Same as above

Only Murders in the Building, [TV] Use default source provider, TV Show does not use the library default, (The TVDB), it uses The TVDB (Hardcoded)
Shows can be set to either customise their source or use the default. In this case the show in quesiton has been linked to TVDB. The default is also TVDB, but the show is fixed to TVDB. If you were to change the library defualt from TVDB to TMDB then the show would remain linked to TVDB (despite you posisbly expecting for it to move across)