Missing check ...

Pontus Berg

Nov 15, 2022, 6:41:44 AM11/15/22
to TV Rename
I changed my general preference to "Missing check". Then doing a "Check settings" I had 4500 missing movies.

Selecting them all (Clicking on the heading) and asking TVR to Fix the issue (Right clicking on one of the entries), I waited well over an hour with no visual feedback before I gave up and terminated the program.

Starting the program again, repeating the first part of the process, I had some 1300 DB entries still having a deviation in it's setting compared to the general one.

Terminating the program again after a while I had 1000.

Conclusion:
It seems there is no formal problem with the program here, but two aspects;
* Why on earth is it this slow? Isn't it just a loop that contains an update of a field in the DB? The DB is local so it should be near instant to update ...
* Assuming we accept it's that slow, could I please ask for some sort of visual feedback? A progress bar or something that tells us that the program hasn't bombed, but that it is still working hard to fulfill your request.

Sparky53

Nov 22, 2022, 1:17:56 AM11/22/22
to TV Rename
Some of the 'settings checks' also try and move files (if the configuration means that the locations are changing)

A visual indicator would be good.

Pontus Berg

Nov 24, 2022, 5:55:28 AM11/24/22
to TV Rename
tisdag 22 november 2022 kl. 07:17:56 UTC+1 skrev Sparky53:

Some of the 'settings checks' also try and move files (if the configuration means that the locations are changing)

A visual indicator would be good.

A change of location is all fine here - it was the combination of very slow progress and no visual feedback that was the issue I wanted to point out.

Sparky53

Dec 25, 2022, 8:46:07 AM12/25/22
to TV Rename

Have added a visual indicator to the latest version