Reality TV Filming Plummets in Los Angeles

Steve Timko

Jul 18, 2024, 3:43:19 AM (9 days ago) Jul 18
to TV or Not TV

Steve Timko

Jul 18, 2024, 9:58:45 AM (9 days ago) Jul 18
to TV or Not TV

Another perspective.

https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZTN5ojanp/

Tom Wolper

Jul 18, 2024, 10:30:40 AM (9 days ago) Jul 18
to tvor...@googlegroups.com
Doom and gloom stories are a good way of getting attention. But there has to be a sense of longer term trends than just this year compared to last year. The Hollywood Reporter story uses data from an industry group with an agenda to push for tax credits for reality TV to keep up with other states. It’s just tough to figure out any bigger trends from such a limited sample size.

Without any data to back this up I think the reality TV business overshot its capacity and is coming down to Earth. A show about 2 obnoxious people selling luxury real estate might find an audience but why do we need 75 of them? People want to get caught up in the drama of real housewives but when are there too many versions?

Kevin M.

Jul 18, 2024, 10:52:45 AM (9 days ago) Jul 18
to tvor...@googlegroups.com
I was a die-hard watcher of MTVs The Real World, but then they did Road Rules and I thought, “Well, now they’ve overdone it. The market doesn’t need this much reality on TV.”

I was so young then. So naive.

Kevin M. (RPCV)