NBC fall

Bob Jersey

May 16, 2022, 11:45:31 AM5/16/22
to TVorNotTV
From Futon Critic (link), newbies in CAPS.
MONDAY

8-10 P.M. - The Voice
10-11 P.M. - QUANTUM LEAP

TUESDAY
8-9 P.M. - The Voice
9-10 P.M. - La Brea
10-11 P.M. - New Amsterdam

WEDNESDAY
8-9 P.M. - Chicago Med
9-10 P.M. - Chicago Fire
10-11 P.M. - Chicago P.D.

THURSDAY
8-9 P.M. - Law & Order
9-10 P.M. - Law & Order: SVU
10-11 P.M. - Law & Order: Organized Crime

FRIDAY
8-9 P.M. - Capital One College Bowl
8-8:30 P.M. - LOPEZ VS. LOPEZ (November)
8:30-9 P.M. - Young Rock (November)
9-11 P.M - Dateline NBC

SATURDAY
8-9 P.M. - Drama Encores
9-10 P.M. - Dateline Weekend Mystery
10-11 P.M. - SNL Vintage

SUNDAY
7-8:20 P.M. - Football Night in America (also live on Peacock)
8:20-11 P.M. - NBC Sunday Night Football (also live on Peacock)

We've talked about "Quadrum Leap," as my beloved mother could only pronounce it, "Night Court," apparently held till winter, and "Lopez..." briefly here...

Also off till winter: "Million Dollar Island," like "S*rv*v*r" but with 100 contestants to start and a bracelet worth $10k given to each, and each having to decide who to give their prize to when they're voted off; and a Dolly Parton Christmas special!

Mark Jeffries

May 16, 2022, 12:26:19 PM5/16/22
to tvor...@googlegroups.com
Beat me to the punch, Bob.  Further commentary:

"The Voice" returns for its 22nd goround with Kelly Clarkson's big red chair taken over by Camila Cabello, who left her heart in "Havana" na na na.  Cowboy, Cowboy's skater punk GF and Mr. Chrissy Tiegen return to the panel.  No indication of a spring cycle now that "American Song Contest" has bombed.

Miley Cyrus will once again ring in the new year on NBC and Peacock.

If the PR is correct, Harry Friedman has already done one semi-right thing with "Credit Card Company College Bowl" by getting rid of Peyton Manning's brother (Peyton will still be there).  There's still the format that didn't need to be updated and the announcer should be saying the names of the contestants that buzz in just like in the past and "University Challenge."  And for God's sakes, a real studio audience.

"Blacklist," "American Auto" and "Grand Crew" will be back mid-season.  And in unscripted, the UK game show "The Wheel" will have its Americanized debut with fey comic Michael McIntyre hosting this version along with the UK version (we mentioned it in our one upfront post last year with the hope that Tom Bergeron would host--ain't gonna happen).

And every series is owned or co-owned by NBCU (including Warners' "Night Court").  "Million Dollar Island" is from John DeMol's Talpa (which I thought was sold to ITV, or did they just buy "The Voice?") and AllOne's Studio Lambert.

Mark Jeffries
spotl...@gmail.com

Bob Jersey

May 16, 2022, 1:34:28 PM5/16/22
to TVorNotTV
The Guardian (link) reported it was all of Talpa, back in 2015.

de Mol left itv in '19, when Deadline (link) said the plan was to retire Talpa.

Mark Jeffries, to moi, in part, May 16th:
"Million Dollar Island" is from John DeMol's Talpa (which I thought was sold to ITV, or did they just buy "The Voice?") and AllOne's Studio Lambert..

Bob Jersey

Jul 28, 2022, 10:09:34 PM7/28/22
to TVorNotTV
The "Island" is closed for now... cost was cited as a factor, tho a key exec at NBCU also departed, replaced by a Turner castoff... series to be shopped to other outlets.

Moi, May 16th:

Mark Jeffries

Jul 29, 2022, 9:38:33 AM7/29/22
to tvor...@googlegroups.com
I had heard that NBC wanted to drop the show because Studio Lambert had signed to produce the "Squid Game" competition show for Netflix, which the Peacock was considering too close to "Million Dollar Island" in premise.

Mark Jeffries
Saints Spotlight Editor
spotl...@gmail.com