ItllBeOnTV: X officially allows pr0n

Bob Jersey

Jun 9, 2024, 8:37:13 AMJun 9
to TVorNotTV
Subject to clearcut rules announced last month; it would logically follow, after Elon opened the platform to NSFW communities back in late March...
Welp, guess I can't report those users any mo'...

Kevin M.

Jun 9, 2024, 11:29:36 AMJun 9
to tvor...@googlegroups.com
I deleted my Twitter account not long after Musk took over. I don’t miss it at all. There are people on Threads and BlueSky who do nothing except complain they aren’t Twitter clones (for instance, Threads deemphasizes political posts). I’m glad none of the social networks do what Twitter did. Twitter was a flawed, antisocial communications tool. All of them are flawed, frankly, but Twitter promoted their flaws as features of the service.

Kevin M. (RPCV)

Tom Wolper

Jun 9, 2024, 7:06:27 PMJun 9
to tvor...@googlegroups.com
Twitter was a massive innovation when it started up because it was the first killer app for the smartphone. The original limit of 140 characters in a tweet came from when accounts still had data caps. It was of great use during the Arab Spring and as a grassroots tool when officials in authoritarian governments paid it no attention and let young people organize. The follow up to its wide adoption was to go about making money from it and the founders ended up selling it to Musk and making it his problem. I don’t know if there will be another Twitter but even with its faults it was a tremendously important platform.

As to the article that was posted, it was noted that 13% of tweets pre-Musk were adult content and if the amount goes up it’s due to the pornbots which have become ubiquitous. I noticed that if you haven’t put your birth date into your X profile (and why would you) the platform will filter out the adult content (but not the pornbots).