OT: Anti-Semite buys social media network to spread antisemitism

Kevin M.

Oct 17, 2022, 9:48:19 PM10/17/22
to tvor...@googlegroups.com
Not even worth naming the walking talking bipolar nightmare, but I find it hard to believe that in a world where Britney Spears was locked into conservatorship for years, this piece of sleaze can not only speak freely without a mental health disclaimer stapled to his face, but he can openly advocate both hatred and violence and still be considered a role model by at least a third of society. I am a huge proponent of professional mental health treatment, and this guy has all the resources on the planet at his disposal, but because he’s got a sick and twisted fanbase enabling him, so he’s never going to get the treatment or therapy or meds he needs.

Unwilling to accept his suspension from other social networks for threatening Jewish people, he’s decided to buy his own network to spread the hate.

The good news is the Instagram page I maintain for my two cats seems to have more active users than the Parler app.

Also worth mentioning that today on his equally hate-filled social network, the equally hate-filled Trump also unleashed threats against the American Jewish population, for which he will face zero consequences.

--
Kevin M. (RPCV)

PGage

Oct 17, 2022, 10:47:09 PM10/17/22
to tvor...@googlegroups.com
WaPo Columnist Eugene Robinson has a cogent piece on this today, see:

Robinson’s main point is that it does matter how West arrived at his vile positions, or what role mental illness played, they are still equally vile and dangerous.

While I try not to Dx people who I have not examined and are not under my care, I have regarded him as having bipolar disorder for many, many years. I hope he does get the treatment he needs, but even if he does, I don’t expect it to cure him of his hatred.

Sent from Gmail Mobile

PGage

Oct 17, 2022, 11:32:47 PM10/17/22
to tvor...@googlegroups.com
As far as the issue of conservatorship goes, Kanye’s case really illustrates what was going on with Spears. Conservatorship is really about protecting financial wealth and assets (even really conservatorship of Person). For most of his career West has been associated with, and married to, people who, however horrible they may or may not be, are pretty good about money. I’m not sure how much poof his own wealth is at risk in this new venture, but you can bet that if West starts flushing millions of his estate’s dollars down some MAGA toilet, people who have an interest in his estate will explore Conservatorship. It is a different process entirely if the only interest is getting the person treatment.

Kevin M.

Oct 24, 2022, 5:29:35 PM10/24/22
to tvor...@googlegroups.com
West was just dropped by CAA.

Still waiting for Adidas.

--
Kevin M. (RPCV)

PGage

Oct 25, 2022, 9:06:02 AM10/25/22
to tvor...@googlegroups.com

Your wait is over…

I did like this quote at the end of the AP story:

“In Germany, where Adidas is headquartered, the head of the country’s main Jewish group welcomed the companys decision but said the “step was overdue.”

‘I would have liked a clear stance earlier from a German company that also was entangled with the Nazi regime,’ Josef Schuster, president of the Central Council of Jews in Germany, said in a statement. “Adidas has done a lot to distance itself from its past and, like many sports brands, is one of those companies that conduct big campaigns against antisemitism and racism. That’s why an earlier separation from Kanye West would have been appropriate.”

Kevin M.

Oct 26, 2022, 7:41:15 PM10/26/22
to tvor...@googlegroups.com

Bob Jersey

Oct 27, 2022, 9:32:09 AM10/27/22
to TVorNotTV
Some sports teams I know like to use the intro to his 2010 hit, "POWER." (It has clapping, which is ostensibly what teams want to induce when they play it, not that such always ensues.) I wonder if they'll reconsider that.

Kevin M, exchanging with PGage, Oct 26th:

Kevin M.

Dec 2, 2022, 12:50:18 AM12/2/22
to tvor...@googlegroups.com
This evening, West posted explicit Nazi/antisemitic symbol… account not suspended. He then posted a picture of a shirtless, flabby Musk, and now his account is suspended.

Feel free and join me on Hive, Tumblr, or VK. But not LinkedIn. Never LinkedIn.

Kevin M. (RPCV)