Chris Wallace back on a Sunday show

Bob Jersey

May 19, 2022, 7:12:07 PM5/19/22
to TVorNotTV
It's basically the one he would have done at CNN+, but now at CNN and streaming on HBOmax, said Chris Licht at WBD's upfront. Also in the newser's plans: a "60"-like newsmag, and (you know he was going to do this) yet another retool of the morning show, as he tries to pull the organization away from the partisan leanings...

Kevin M.

May 19, 2022, 7:24:59 PM5/19/22
to tvor...@googlegroups.com
It literally cannot be worse than Meet the Press

Kevin M. (RPCV)

PGage

May 19, 2022, 9:27:29 PM5/19/22
to tvor...@googlegroups.com
Something like this was always going to happen. But how does this get around what I thought was exclusive rights cable has to CNN content?

Sent from Gmail Mobile

Joe Hass

May 20, 2022, 10:05:28 AM5/20/22
to tvor...@googlegroups.com
My interpretation is that it will air live on CNN and then be available for streaming immediately afterwards on The Max.

PGage

May 20, 2022, 10:24:27 AM5/20/22
to tvor...@googlegroups.com
But, I thought re-airing it on a streamer was a violation of the cable contract. If that is not the case, then why even the idea of CNN+, and not just stream CNN content directly?

Jim Ellwanger

May 20, 2022, 12:01:17 PM5/20/22
to 'Bob Jersey' via TVorNotTV
Unless CNN's contract with cable operators is vastly different from what other channels have... I don't see why there would be any issue with HBO Max making CNN programming available (on a delayed basis). I note that HBO Max already carries some programming that originally aired on CNN, such as "This Is Life with Lisa Ling" and some feature-length documentaries.

Why the idea of CNN+? Because they presumably still can't stream CNN programming live, but they thought the brand name was enough of a draw that they could make money off selling it as a separate streaming service with a certain amount of value-added content.