Harrison Ford and Helen Mirren star in the next Yellowstone prequel

Kevin M.

May 17, 2022, 9:39:33 PM5/17/22
to tvor...@googlegroups.com

Bob Jersey

May 18, 2022, 4:40:14 PM5/18/22
to TVorNotTV
Some other Yellowstone fans I know on other platforms are turned off already. Costner was almost enough, and only a few even sampled "1883."     B

Kevin M, May 17th:
Working title: 1932

Kevin M.

May 19, 2022, 12:06:44 AM5/19/22
to tvor...@googlegroups.com
1883 was apparently a big success for P+, which has led them to have at least three spin-offs in active development

Kevin M. (RPCV)

Ron Casalotti

May 19, 2022, 1:32:15 PM5/19/22
to TVorNotTV

Yellowstone is a great series, about the Dutton family dealing with cattle ranching amid corporate land grabs and complicated relationships with native American tribes. with great acting by an ensemble of actors and real-life ranch hands. Costner does a good job as the patriarch but he is often not a central character to the plot. "1883" is a great limited series with again another ensemble cast. It has terrific cinematography and what I believe to be a realistic depiction of the hardships of people trying to make a new life in the promised land (Oregon in this case) when most of us only know that "wagon trains followed the Oregon Trail to get there."

 But who would have thought it would be so good when they announced that Tim McGraw and wife Faith Hill, country music stars, would work? It does.

 It portrays the origin of the Duttons in a style that's a little bit Ken Burns-like. Both of these and the other spinoffs, 1883 part 2 which will be about a black trail boss and his Romanian(?) wife making a life in Oregon; 1932 which is about the next set of Dutton descendants dealing with issues in the Depression years, and "6666" which is about a modem day ranch, the biggest in Texas which still exists and served as an alternative location for some Yellowstone characters are all helmed by Taylor Sheridan, who has full control. If you like one, you'll likely like them all, regardless of the headlining cast.

Kevin M.

Jun 20, 2022, 8:00:33 PM6/20/22
to tvor...@googlegroups.com
New working title: 1923

--
Kevin M. (RPCV)

Marti Lawrence

Jun 22, 2022, 11:32:54 AM6/22/22
to TVorNotTV
I enjoy Yellowstone, and 1883 was also a good show,  but the character that has gone off to work on the ranch in Texas is not interesting to me at all, so I doubt the 6666 show will hold my interest. The black trail boss and his new Romanian bride might make for a good show, as they were both well-written and developed characters from 1883
I am looking forward to the one set in the Depression with Harrison Ford and Helen Mirren. The numbers are transposed in some of these posts - is the new show going to be called 1923, or 1932?

~Marti

Adam Bowie

Jun 22, 2022, 11:42:55 AM6/22/22
to tvornottv

On Wed, 22 Jun 2022, 16:32 Marti Lawrence, <martil...@gmail.com> wrote:

I am looking forward to the one set in the Depression with Harrison Ford and Helen Mirren. The numbers are transposed in some of these posts - is the new show going to be called 1923, or 1932?

They've just decided to shift it to 1923 so that they can include post WWI and prohibition according to reports this week:

Marti Lawrence

Jun 23, 2022, 10:56:40 AM6/23/22
to TVorNotTV
"They've just decided to shift it to 1923 so that they can include post WWI and prohibition according to reports this week:"

Ah, thank you.
~Marti

Bob Jersey

Oct 27, 2022, 9:25:48 AM10/27/22
to TVorNotTV
They're gonna need another season.

Adam Bowie, to Marti Lawrence, June 22nd: