Peacock: Everybody pays for Premium content starting June 26

Ron Casalotti

May 29, 2023, 11:59:47 AM5/29/23
to Unname
When it launched, NBCUni owned Comcast cable provided free access to it's subscribers to Peacock premium content for free, in a bid to ramp up membership numbers while claiming itself as the "fastest growing streaming network".

Now, effective June 26, everyone will have to subscribe to a pay level of service to keep access to that content, primarily next day streaming of NBC and Bravo shows.

And, of course, you will pay that premium and still be subject to commercials (isn't that paying twice?) unless you pay even more for Peacock Premium Plus.

It will be interesting to see how membership levels react to this imposition of a fee for something they

Kevin M.

May 29, 2023, 12:40:52 PM5/29/23
to tvor...@googlegroups.com
I coincidentally cancelled my Peacock subscription yesterday.

Kevin M. (RPCV)

Diner

May 29, 2023, 12:49:28 PM5/29/23
to TVorNotTV
In related news, I'll finally be getting around to watching the last few Harry Potter movies over the next four weeks.

Bob Jersey

May 29, 2023, 6:21:58 PM5/29/23
to TVorNotTV
I hope someone writes a new live read for Dan Patrick, who has still been reading one where "you can download the app and watch [his show, 9am-12n weekdays on the NBCSports channel] for free."
Unless Commiecast can't afford to, having fired the applicable copywriter in a previous cutback...

Joe Hass

May 29, 2023, 8:51:25 PM5/29/23
to tvor...@googlegroups.com
Sorry: they all moved to Max.

Bob Jersey

Jul 1, 2023, 10:30:13 PM7/1/23
to TVorNotTV
Not the place I'd expect to find this, but Kabletown is offering customers deals on basic P-ck...

Joe Hass, to Diner, May 29th:
Sorry: they all moved to Max.

M-D November

Jul 3, 2023, 1:20:05 PM7/3/23
to TVorNotTV
Bob - actually, that does make sense given Kabletown's commitment to the Premier League on the 'cock.

FYI, I got an email from Kabletown shortly before the 26th saying I was getting 2 free years of 'cock Premium because I was subscribed to gig-speed internet, and then late last week found out I ALSO get 'cock Premium as a "Platinum Reward" through Kabletown's rewards program.  So...why not just leave it free for subs?