Wikipedia question 100% off topic

Melissa P

Jun 18, 2024, 3:21:55 PM (11 days ago) Jun 18
to tvornottv, Melissa P
If this post doesn't belong here, just ignore/delete.

I have tried and cannot find the answer to my question.  But I know there are alot of well-informed, super smart people on this list, so I thought I would ask.

Over the years, I've had a little exposure to Wikipedia rules and regulations, but I don't know if my current state of knowledge is outdated.

Back in 2006 I think it was, I learned that not just anyone can have his/her own Wikipedia page.  The person had to meet Wikipedia's definition of "notable."

Recently, I became aware of someone who is definitely not notable and yet now has a Wikipedia page.

So, my questions are:  (1) Will a Wikipedia editor eventually catch it?  And question it?  (2) Is there a way I can call Wikipedia's attention to it?

If anyone has answers or insight or suggestions, I would appreciate hearing from you.

Jim Ellwanger

Jun 18, 2024, 3:28:35 PM (11 days ago) Jun 18
to tvorNotTV Bob Jersey via, Melissa P
Check the "Articles not satisfying the notability guidelines" section on this page:

On the page you're concerned about, you can check the "Talk" tab to see if Wikipedia editors have discussed the page's notability.