#HereWeGoAgain: DirecTV could lose Fox

Bob Jersey

Nov 28, 2022, 11:46:34 AM11/28/22
to TVorNotTV
In a statement on Monday, DirecTV pushed back in a statement that criticized Fox’s “tired programmer scare tactics of putting customers into the middle of contract renewals,” and echoed they are working hard to reach an agreement.

Kevin M.

Nov 28, 2022, 12:49:06 PM11/28/22
to tvor...@googlegroups.com
And nothing of value would be lost.

Kevin M. (RPCV)

PGage

Nov 28, 2022, 2:57:05 PM11/28/22
to tvor...@googlegroups.com
I don’t think Football and Futball (NCAA, NFL and FIFA) would agree with that. Hard to imagine Fix would ever have more leverage than the first week of December…

--
Sent from Gmail Mobile

Kevin M.

Nov 28, 2022, 3:04:59 PM11/28/22
to tvor...@googlegroups.com
College Football = Billions in revenue/Unpaid Labor
Pro Football = Brain Damage
Soccer = Dead Slaves

For the life of me, I don’t know how these sports are still televised, and I don’t know why those behind the sports aren’t rotting in prison.

--
Kevin M. (RPCV)

PGage

Nov 28, 2022, 3:10:03 PM11/28/22
to tvor...@googlegroups.com
I did not mean to suggest these should be of value to you, just that they do represent products of very high value to Fox and it’s partners, more so than, say “The Resident.”

Adam Bowie

Dec 3, 2022, 1:31:01 PM12/3/22
to tvor...@googlegroups.com

Dino R. Alexander

Dec 3, 2022, 11:16:02 PM12/3/22
to tvor...@googlegroups.com
  1. They come to an agreement.
  2. The details are never made public.
  3. Your bill will go up.
  4. Profit.

Sent from Mail for Windows

M-D November

Dec 5, 2022, 12:04:25 PM12/5/22
to TVorNotTV
Don't forget WWE!  I enjoy it, but man...so much CTE and drug abuse, not to mention the whole "paying wrestlers as independent contractors" thing...