Quick Review: Mrs Davis

Tom Wolper

May 26, 2023, 7:40:04 PM5/26/23
to TV or not TV
It’s streaming on Peacock and I watched it as reviewers I trust called it bonkers TV and deeply weird. It’s an adventure story wrapped in a sci-fi concept as Mrs Davis is a Big Brother like algorithm who communicates with people through smartphones and air pods. I watched the whole series even though it never really caught me. I can predict it’s going to get a cult following and Betty Gilpin deserves at least an Emmy nomination.

Ben Combee

May 30, 2023, 12:40:08 PM5/30/23
to tvor...@googlegroups.com
I'm almost done with this and my wife and I both love it. It's not
quite as inventive as Severance, my favorite show of 2022, but it's
holding my attention very well.

On Fri, May 26, 2023 at 6:40 PM Tom Wolper <two...@gmail.com> wrote:

> It’s streaming on Peacock and I watched it as reviewers I trust called it bonkers TV and deeply weird. It’s an adventure story wrapped in a sci-fi concept as Mrs Davis is a Big Brother like algorithm who communicates with people through smartphones and air pods. I watched the whole series even though it never really caught me. I can predict it’s going to get a cult following and Betty Gilpin deserves at least an Emmy nomination.

Tom Wolper

May 30, 2023, 2:27:16 PM5/30/23
to tvor...@googlegroups.com
Without spoilers I’ll say the last episode brings it to an emotionally satisfying conclusion.