'SNL' Editors Strike Averted

Mark Jeffries

Mar 24, 2023, 12:19:30 PM3/24/23
to TVorNotTV
The people who edit the pre-shot segments for "Saturday Night LIve" and NBCU have agreed to a pact that  recognizes the IATSE union representing the editors, while NBCU agrees to raises, health care and meals, hotels and transportation for the staff who do most of their work overnight on Fridays to get the segments ready for the live telecast (the sketches are usually shot Thursday and Friday before the telecast):

Marti Lawrence

Mar 25, 2023, 4:17:57 PM3/25/23
to TVorNotTV
Glad to see this. We still watch SNL every week, but there are times when the only really funny thing is the pre-taped segment.

~Marti

Melissa P

Mar 26, 2023, 3:50:28 PM3/26/23
to tvornottv, Melissa P
Until the airing of the most recent show, I could not remember the last time I laughed at something, anything, on SNL.

I now have a benchmark, this skit:

M-D November

Mar 27, 2023, 1:25:31 PM3/27/23
to TVorNotTV
I hear you, but I've found that SNL this season (and the Jenna Ortega episode in particular) are really starting to move away from the tried & true (and largely unfunny) talk show/game show sketch formats and re-embrace the absurd.  Sure, it doesn't always land, but at least they're trying something.