British Mixed Sprint Relays

James Prowting

Jul 18, 2021, 3:05:50 PM7/18/21
to Members
I'm available for this if anyone needs me in a team.

Jim Prowting M75

Roger Thetford

Jul 21, 2021, 2:20:09 PM7/21/21
to Members

I’ve just entered the individual champs on the Sunday. Entry fees for that go up after midnight on Sunday 25 July.

The sprint relay takes place on the Saturday afternoon, first starts 13:00 ish. Details at https://www.britishsprintchamps.org.uk/page/447. The classes are

Relay Classes

Elite - Teams of 4 people (at least 2 women) running 4 legs with women running the first and last legs. TD3.

Veteran (40+) - 3 legs, free running order, with teams consisting of 3 people, of which at least one must be female. TD3. Middle leg shorter.

Super Veteran (55+) - 3 legs, free running order, with teams consisting of 3 people, of which at least one must be female. TD3. Middle leg shorter.

Ultra Veteran (65+) - 3 legs, free running order, with teams consisting of 3 people, of which at least one must be female. TD3. Middle leg shorter.

Junior (16-) - 3 legs, free running order, with teams of 3 people, at least one must be female. TD3. Middle leg shorter.

Young Juniors (12-) - 3 legs, free running order, with teams consisting of 3 people, of which at least one must be female. TD2.

Ad Hoc (Mixed age classes) - 3 legs, free running order, with teams consisting of 3 people, of which at least one must be female. TD3. Middle leg shorter. Not a championship class. Non-competitive teams from combined clubs allowed

Fees per team:

Class

Entries by 25th July

Entries after 25th July

Elite *

£60

£64

All Veteran Classes

£45

£48

All Junior Classes

£22.50

£24

Ad Hoc Class

£39

£42

Closing Date midnight 08/08/21.

There doesn’t seem to be the ‘individual ad hoc’ option on Saturday that was available two years ago. I’d be happy to join a team for the Saturday if one was available, although it looks as though at least one female is needed even in the Ad Hoc class. (The ad hoc aspect relates to clubs, not gender.) Any takers?

Roger

M55