Hambleden 23MAY21: Request for some more help

jrpd...@btopenworld.com

Apr 5, 2021, 1:39:52 PM4/5/21
to tv...@tvoc.org.uk

Hi everyone.

Firstly, if you are already involved with the organisation at Hambleden, are already helping there, or are already in touch with me, then PLEASE IGNORE THIS MESSAGE!!!

I am aware that we have the Bradenham event coming up quickly now.  However, we are also in need of some more help at Hambleden on the 23rd May.  Comprehensive details about the event are already up on the TVOC web site, here:

https://tvoc.org.uk/events/chiltern-challenge-2021/

Note the following about this event:

  1. The event will be held in a Covid-safe manner, according to British Orienteering guidelines
  2. It will open to members of British Orienteering only
  3. There will be no Entry on the Day, so no Registration, simply SI Card issue
  4. There will be only basic Enquiries / Information (as lined up for Bradenham)
  5. Finishers will be funnelled directly to Download, meaning that we record everyone immediately they finish so they can then go home if they want.  This also means that we don’t need a finish team in place
  6. There will be no String course.
  7. However, we are expecting to see Tom and Julie (catering), CompassPoint and First Aid all in attendance, operating in a Covid-safe manner
  8. Helpers will get at least a free entry

Please can you let me know if you if you are planning to enter the event, and might be able to spare some time to help out?

Here is a timetable for the event.  Please note that helpers will need to be informed that entries are open BEFORE entries are opened up to the general public to obtain appropriate start times.  We are planning to start this process tomorrow.

Tuesday 6th April (tomorrow):  Link sent to team leaders  and other helpers for helpers to enter before everyone else
Friday 9th April:  Next e-News issued

Monday 12th April     Change to lockdown rules (assuming things go to plan)
Tuesday 13th April    Link sent to SCOA clubs for their members to enter
Thursday 15th April    Event opens for all-comers on Fabian4

I would really appreciate it if you could let me know if you are able to help.  Also, please feel free to let me know if you can’t help, and I will make sure I don’t contact you again.

Thanks, and kind regards,

John, ORGANISER

--

John Dalton