British Relay Open event 13 November Stirling

Alison Smith

Oct 30, 2021, 11:01:59 AM10/30/21
to tvoc list

Dear All,

I have just been notified that in the absence of the usual British Relay Championships this year, Forth Valley Orienteers are allowing their existing open relay event on Saturday 13 November to be used for the 2021 British and Scottish titles for Mens Premier and Womens Premier. You can see the initial announcements on this at British Orienteering and Scottish Orienteering.    .

The races will be based from Aberfoyle, and will use Fairy Knowe & Doon Hill (as used for the Junior European Cup Long Distance in 2016).  Parking will be in Aberfoyle, with a walk to the relay changeover area of c2km.

The first mass start will be at midday. Available relay courses are 1) Men Open (3x35mins), 2) Women Open (3x35mins), and 3) Junior & Ad Hoc (1x Yellow, 1x Orange, 1x Light Green), open to all.

Further competition information will be published later today at https://fvo.org.uk/events/2021/nov/13/open-relays/

I know that this is rather short notice, but the closing date for entries is 7 Nov. I am not sure if we can raise a full team for either Men’s or Women’s Premier, but if anyone is interested please let me know and I will put in an entry if we get a full team.

Alison

Club Captain