Beware bonus emails.

mark thompson

Jun 22, 2020, 5:32:52 PM6/22/20
to Tvoc-Members
Y’all

I have just been informed  by a club member that they had received an email supposedly from me suggesting they open a link. I get one of these a week supposedly from other club members such as Nat, Roger T or John T for instance. First the email addresses are not ours and secondly don’t open the link. Just delete the email. The message will probably be in your SPAM folder.

It seems they have some new email addresses of club members to play with.

I suspect they have the email addresses from the TVOC website.

Best regards Mark

Nat Skidmore

Feb 24, 2021, 12:00:43 PM2/24/21
to tvoc-members
Hi all,

I think there are more of these phishing emails circulating, which are faked to appear that they come from TVOC members to other members.  So as Mark suggests please ignore these, and in any case don't open them.  Your SPAM filter will catch them 90% of the time.

Regards,

Nat

Steve

Feb 24, 2021, 12:24:07 PM2/24/21
to tvoc-m...@googlegroups.com

Evening All

I can assure you that all email addresses on the website are obfuscated (hidden). Email scrapers don't go to the effort of decrypting them. It's far more likely that someone's contact list has been compromised in some way.

Spamming is like Covid-19, it'll be with us for life in some form or another, so as with all suspicious emails, treat with caution and delete without clicking on any links.

Steve