Pamber and Silchester

Ben Green

Oct 29, 2021, 6:05:23 AM10/29/21
to TVOC Members
Dear all,

I just thought I would mention that, upon double-checking my entry for Pamber and Silchester, I discovered that the event is EMIT but that Race Signup had allowed me to automatically port SI card numbers from my stored data, and this did not get queried at any later point in the entry process.

I'm sure that this is mostly due to my incompetence, but you might wish to double check your own entry. I might easily have gone to the start with an SI card.

Best
Ben

Ben Green

Oct 29, 2021, 6:12:57 AM10/29/21
to TVOC Members
Dear all,

Further to this - I discovered upon looking at my profile in Race Signup that my SI card number had got copied into the fields for both types of EMIT card, despite it saying "only valid EMIT numbers accepted". I'm pretty sure that a 7-digit SI card number is not a valid EMIT number, and I'm equally sure that I did not manually enter all these numbers.

I would suggest, then, that it might be worth taking a moment to have a look at your Race Signup profile and check that you do not accidentally have SI card numbers entered under EMIT.

Chris - maybe you should update your coaching advice about what to do if you get to the start and you have the wrong type of timing device :)

Best
Ben