Saturday March 12th Scouts event

jrpd...@btopenworld.com

Feb 14, 2022, 3:13:21 PM2/14/22
to tv...@tvoc.org.uk

Hi everyone.

I am wondering whether any of you know of an appropriate person who might be keen to help out with this?  Or perhaps could consider this yourself?

Every October (pre-Covid), the Buckinghamshire Scouts organise a big “Bucks O” orienteering competition at Wendover Woods.  4-500 entries, usually.  I have helped the Planner (Roger Williams, ex. SMOC) for several years now.

The 2021 event has been shifted into 2022, and will be held at Wendover on the morning of Saturday March 12th.  There are normally courses planned as follows:

  • Beavers have a string course
  • Cubs course (TD2-ish)
  • Scouts course (TD3-ish)
  • Explorer Scouts and Leader course (TD4-ish)

I will unfortunately be abroad in March, and cannot help.  I wondered whether you knew of anyone who would be keen and to help?  A youngster.  A scout / former scout.  Anyone who is aiming to volunteer, it really doesn’t matter providing they are an orienteer.

The role.  This is really three-fold:

  • Help to put some controls out
  • Patrol an area of the courses, keeping an eye out for lost runners, coaching / helping to get them back on track (Cubs and Scouts normally).
  • Helping to collect some controls

Can any of you suggest anyone that I might approach to see if they are able to take over to help Roger Williams as this one-off?  If so, please let me know and I can share more details.

Thanks very much.

John

--

John Dalton