Ocala National Forest - Grasshopper Lake 6/9/20

Leonard, Gary

Jun 10, 2020, 9:16:37 PM6/10/20
to tvkayakfishing
The launch ramp we used was located on Longwoods Rd. about 1 hour from TV.
This road is sand with many water filled pot holes about a mile to the launch.. At the turn around where we launched (see picture with chairs)) the sand was deep and loose, easy to get your vehicle stuck.
I wouldn't think this lake gets much fishing pressure.
Google maps shows Grasshopper Lake , North Grasshopper Lake and South Grasshopper Lake. The main lake is about 6 ft deep in the center area.The water is clear
and with a tannic tea color. The other lakes can be accessed from the main lake. The other lakes are shallow about 2 ft and passable at this time but maybe not in a dry season.
The main lake is ringed with grasses and some pads.
Fished the center area with spinner baits, sq bills, rattle traps and chatter bait . No fish and no bites. The bottom must be sandy, no debris on lure hooks.
My wife fished the edge of the grass and pads with a weighted June bug trick worm. She caught 2 healthy bass 1.5 and 2 lb. I used weightless wacky rigged senko worms to catch 2 - 2 lb bass.
I used a sq bill in the same area to catch a 1.5 lb bass.
We fished from 3 to 5:30 pm some clouds very hot and humid with about 2 mph wind.
I would go back!
IMG_20200609_144601543.jpg
IMG_20200609_144616269.jpg
IMG_20200609_144621502.jpg