Fishing on Fellsmere

Rip Strautman

Mar 18, 2022, 11:40:44 AM3/18/22
to TV Fishing Reports

On Monday and Tuesday, Marni and I fished Florida's current bass fishing hotspot Fellsmere, which is often called Headwaters (which is also the name of the state operated four lane boat ramp).  The lake is located about 30 minutes west of Vero Beach, which is itself 2.5 hours east of the Villages.

 We caught 16 fish one day & 15 fish the second. Water temperature was 65 to 69 degrees. Raining some the first day. Air temperature 69 to 74 degrees. Winds calm to 12 mph.

We fished with medium & larger wild shiners on spinning rods.  We used the same guide we have used on our other trips to Fellsmere.

The two attached pictures are the one trophy catch, drum roll please .....  that Marni caught.  It was 8.5 pounds. It was the first fish in the boat on the first day of fishing.  But everything after that was smaller 1-5 pounds.

20220315_080407.jpg20220315_080423.jpg

Rip

Gary Leonard

Mar 18, 2022, 5:49:17 PM3/18/22
to tvfishin...@googlegroups.com
Congratulations on the trophy,  Marni!!
Enjoy your reports, Rip.
Gary

--
TV FISHING REPORTS
---

Jim Jones

Mar 18, 2022, 5:52:14 PM3/18/22
to tvfishin...@googlegroups.com
Looks like you both had another great trip… nice trophy catch, Marni!!!

Jim Jones

--
TV FISHING REPORTS
---