3 days of good fishing

Rip Strautman

May 19, 2022, 11:52:07 AM5/19/22
to TV Fishing Reports
Marni and I fished the Everglades, Fellsmere, and Stick Marsh the first three days of this week and did very well.

On Monday we fished ,with a guide, launching from the great new (2/2022) ramps at Everglades Holiday Park west of Davie Florida.  Our targeted fish were peacock bass and about 45 of the 59 fish we caught were peacock bass.  We also caught oscars, chiclids, bluegills (ugliest "bluegills" I have ever seen), and gar.  We used domestic shiners.  We fished the rocky shoreline down an extremely long channel.

On Tuesday we fished, with a guide, on Fellsmere, launching from the Headwaters boat ramp west of Fellsmere Florida,  Out targeted fish were largemouth bass and 24 of the 28 fish we caught were largemouth bass.  The largest was 6 pounds 11 ounces.  We used wild shiners and fished near large floating "islands" of vegetation.

On Wednesday we fished, with a guide, on Stick Marsh, launching from the small ramp at the end of the road into Stick Marsh. Our target fish were largemouth and of the 30 fish we caught, 26 were largemouth.  The largest was  4+ pounds .  We also caught 1 blue catfish, 1 mudfish, and 2 gar.  We used wild shiners and fished adjacent to the shoreline.  We saw lots of alligators.

The weather all 3 days was fantastic with air temperatures 72-75 at the start of the day and 82-86 at the end of our four hours of fishing.  We used 3 different guides.  Marni, of course, caught more fish than me, including the largest of the trip.

0517220715.jpg

0517220943a.jpg

Gene Jackson

May 20, 2022, 11:07:56 AM5/20/22
to TV Fishing Reports
Wow!  What a great trip to make some wonderful memories.  Congratulations and thanks for the report.

Randy DiSanto

May 20, 2022, 6:04:10 PM5/20/22
to tvfishin...@googlegroups.com
Sounds like you had a great time......peacock bass interest me......sounds like a trip could be in the works

--
TV FISHING REPORTS
---