Access to Fishing Buddy forum

Jim Vrioni

Apr 26, 2020, 11:28:59 AM4/26/20
to tvfishi...@googlegroups.com
Greetings!

I am trying to access the “Fishing Buddy” forum but I get a message saying that “You do not have permission to access this content”.

I signed up for access to the “Fishing Buddy” forum on the website “Fishing Forums” page and got a message saying that “Your response has been recorded.”

However, I am still unable to access the Fishing Buddy forum; am I just too impatient or is there a problem with my request?

Jim Vrioni

Husson, Rob

Apr 26, 2020, 6:02:37 PM4/26/20
to TV Fishing Buddy
Jim,I just read your message on the "Fishing Buddy Forum" Looks like you found it. Welcome to the group.

Jerry Lester

Apr 26, 2020, 11:43:26 PM4/26/20
to TV Fishing Buddy
On Sunday, April 26, 2020 at 6:02:37 PM UTC-4, Husson, Rob wrote:
> Jim,I just read your message on the "Fishing Buddy Forum" Looks like you found it. Welcome to the group.

Jim, make sure you are logged into your email account "jim...@comcast.net" when you attempt to log into the forum.

Jerry Lester

Jim Vrioni

Apr 27, 2020, 1:21:32 PM4/27/20
to tvfishi...@googlegroups.com
Jerry -

I always login with that email. I can get to Google Groups, but it shows “TV Fishing Reports” as the only group that I am a member of,
despite requests to be added to the Fishing Buddy group. Not sure why … ?
> --
> Thanks for using the Fishing Buddy forum.
> ---

Jerry Lester

May 2, 2020, 2:19:12 PM5/2/20
to tvfishi...@googlegroups.com
Jim, you are signed up to the Fishing Reports Forum with jimv32@gmail.com.  But you are signed up the the Fishing Buddy forum with jimv32@comcast.net.

Therefore, if you are logged into your Gmail account, you won't be able to get into the Fishing Buddy forum and vice versa.

Do you want me to change your email address for the Fishing Buddy forum to jim...@gmail.com?

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "TV Fishing General Topics and Find a Buddy" group.

Jim Vrioni

May 2, 2020, 2:36:18 PM5/2/20
to tvfishi...@googlegroups.com
Aha!  Thank you, Jerry - I was going crazy trying to figure out why Google was not seeing me as a member of the Fishing Buddy forum when I knew I had signed up for it!

Hmmm - since the reports are only sent out using Gmail, Gmail is what works with Google, and since I can access the Fishing Reports group and I get Gmails regarding the posts,
it sounds like a no-brainer to switch my email address for the Fishing Buddy forum to jim...@gmail.com - yes, please do that and hopefully everything will work as it should!

Thank you so much for investigating!

Jim