Informal fishing outings

Jackson, Gene

Sep 14, 2020, 10:12:22 AM9/14/20
to TV Fishing General Topics and Find a Buddy
Does anyone have interest in meeting lake boat ramps for some informal fishing outings?  I know with the COVID stuff going on we would need to be cautious.

I was thinking that once or twice a month, anyone with a boat or access to a boat (i.e. rental, boat clubs) could meetup at a predetermined boat ramp to do a few hours of fishing.  We could share phone numbers so as the morning progressed we could share text information about what was working.  And then for anyone that wanted to we could bring chairs and a lunch to sit around after fishing to discuss tactics, color options, etc.

My thought is to get together with fellow club members to share knowledge about fishing.  As for locations, I am thinking that lakes within a 50 mile radius of The Villages would be possible.  As for boats, I think anything from Kayaks to Pontoons would work.

Let me know if you would be interested in something like this.

I'm fairly new to fishing in Florida and I am looking to explore some new areas with my new boat!

Gene Jackson

20200905_124341.jpg

Jack Lee Askew

Sep 14, 2020, 10:31:25 AM9/14/20
to tvfishi...@googlegroups.com
Morning Gene , You can count me in just let me know when and where .
Captain Jacklee

--
Thanks for using the Fishing Buddy forum.
---

Philip Beitel

Sep 14, 2020, 10:32:17 AM9/14/20
to tvfishi...@googlegroups.com
Yes.  great idea, Gene.   I'm a Freedom Boat Club member, with access to some nice boats on the Harris Chain.
To get the ball rolling,
Tuesday September 22  I have reserved Sea Remedy 22' Pontoon.
Board 8:30 am at Venetian Cove Marina, Leesburg.
Philip Beitel
Cell:  415.717.9633

On Mon, Sep 14, 2020 at 10:12 AM Jackson, Gene <gene.j...@comcast.net> wrote:

jimgei...@aol.com

Sep 14, 2020, 10:46:37 AM9/14/20
to tvfishi...@googlegroups.com
Gene, I am interested.

Thanks,
Jim Geiger

StevenJCothran

Sep 14, 2020, 11:45:44 AM9/14/20
to tvfishi...@googlegroups.com
Hi Gene,

I have a 19' Bassboat and would participate.

Steve Cothran
--
Thanks for using the Fishing Buddy forum.
---
<20200905_124341.jpg>

George Lozano

Sep 14, 2020, 12:45:52 PM9/14/20
to tvfishi...@googlegroups.com
Gene,

I’m also interested. Just moved to TV 1 months ago and don’t have a kayak or boat yet.

So I’d be able to go where rentals are available or buddy up on a boat if someone wants company. I’ll buy the gas!

George Lozano

Sent from my iPhone
<20200905_124341.jpg>

Max Wolpert

Sep 14, 2020, 1:22:41 PM9/14/20
to tvfishi...@googlegroups.com
Sounds like a great idea. After 20 years i am now a full time villages resident but i no longer have a boat here so i will be looking for buddy fishing.
Max Wolpert 269 3528075 cell.

Sent from my iPhone

On Sep 14, 2020, at 10:32 AM, Philip Beitel <philb...@gmail.com> wrote:

[...]

Wayne Hoffman

Sep 14, 2020, 3:10:25 PM9/14/20
to tvfishi...@googlegroups.com
I am definitely interested but I will not be back to The Villages until October 21. I’m still up north with my kids and grandkids.

Sent from my iPhone

On Sep 14, 2020, at 12:45 PM, George Lozano <g.lo...@att.net> wrote:

Gene,

I’m also interested. Just moved to TV 1 months ago and don’t have a kayak or boat yet.

So I’d be able to go where rentals are available or buddy up on a boat if someone wants company. I’ll buy the gas!

George Lozano

Sent from my iPhone

On Sep 14, 2020, at 9:46 AM, jimgeiger2007 via TV Fishing General Topics and Find a Buddy <tvfishi...@googlegroups.com> wrote:

Gene, I am interested.

Thanks,
Jim Geiger

bob

Sep 14, 2020, 4:09:26 PM9/14/20
to tvfishi...@googlegroups.com
I’m in.
Just moved here recently myself.
I have a Ranger RT178 and would be happy to have someone who would like to fish with me.
Feel free to reach out. 704-968-3367

Sent from my iPad

On Sep 14, 2020, at 12:45 PM, George Lozano <g.lo...@att.net> wrote:

Gene,

I’m also interested. Just moved to TV 1 months ago and don’t have a kayak or boat yet.

So I’d be able to go where rentals are available or buddy up on a boat if someone wants company. I’ll buy the gas!

George Lozano

Sent from my iPhone

On Sep 14, 2020, at 9:46 AM, jimgeiger2007 via TV Fishing General Topics and Find a Buddy <tvfishi...@googlegroups.com> wrote:

Gene, I am interested.

Thanks,
Jim Geiger

Donald Conley

Sep 14, 2020, 4:41:53 PM9/14/20
to tvfishi...@googlegroups.com
Gene

I don't have a boat but would love to go out on one....I've been bank fishing for bass and dodging alligators so any time

Don Conley

Jackson, Gene

Sep 16, 2020, 11:03:08 AM9/16/20
to TV Fishing General Topics and Find a Buddy
OK gang, since Phillip already has boat reserved for next Tuesday, September 22nd on Lake Harris, lets make Tuesday morning be our first "Informal Fishing Outing"!  Boat captains (owners/operators) check you calendar to see if next Tuesday morning would work for you.

Gene

John Shores

Tim Doyle

Sep 17, 2020, 4:51:17 PM9/17/20
to tvfishi...@googlegroups.com
I am a member of Freedom boat club on the lakes.  I can get a pontoon boat

Philip Beitel

Sep 18, 2020, 3:30:51 AM9/18/20
to tvfishi...@googlegroups.com
I have 22' pontoon boat Sea Remedy reserved for fishing Tuesday 9/22,
Venetian Cove Marina, Leesburg.
So far it's me and Gene.
Let me know if you'd like to come along.
Philip Beitel

Jackson, Gene

Sep 18, 2020, 6:52:00 AM9/18/20
to TV Fishing General Topics and Find a Buddy
Tim Doyle, that sounds great.  If this Tuesday, the 22nd, works for you come on out and join the fun.  Right now we have two boats for sure, my bass boat and a pontoon boat with Philip Beitel as Captain.  There are three other boats that may also be joining this informal outing.

Gene

Jackson, Gene

Sep 18, 2020, 6:57:08 AM9/18/20
to TV Fishing General Topics and Find a Buddy
Boat captains, if you have any open seats on your boat that you would like to fill, please post your information here.

Non-boat owners, as you can see Philip posted that he has some room on his boat so contact him if you want to join the fun Tuesday morning.

Jack Lee Askew

Sep 18, 2020, 8:17:37 AM9/18/20
to tvfishi...@googlegroups.com
Morning Gene , Back From Miami I Can Fish On Tuesday Need A Partner To Fish Back Seat.
I do know phil but he has a boat.
Thanks , Jacklee

On Mon, Sep 14, 2020 at 10:12 AM Jackson, Gene <gene.j...@comcast.net> wrote:

Jerry Moran

Sep 18, 2020, 1:54:13 PM9/18/20
to Freshwater fishing club
Hi My name is Jerry Moran and I would be interested in a group fishing anytime…But I am in Colorado til about January…email is jtm...@msn.com

Steenson,Tom

Sep 18, 2020, 3:28:46 PM9/18/20
to TV Fishing General Topics and Find a Buddy
I just reserved a bass boat for 9/22 out of Venetian Cove on Lake Harris. From Maine and new to Florida fishing. Looking for someone experienced fishing these lakes.  Give me a call 207-212-5960.  Trying to find out how early I can get. They have let me out at 7am before.
Looking forward to a great day of fishing.
Tom

Steenson,Tom

Sep 18, 2020, 3:35:17 PM9/18/20
to TV Fishing General Topics and Find a Buddy

If given enough time I may be able to swap the bass boat for a pontoon. Does not mater to me.

Tim Doyle

Sep 18, 2020, 4:12:52 PM9/18/20
to tvfishi...@googlegroups.com
I have a pontoon boat out of dead river at 7 am Tuesday.

Jerry Moran

Sep 18, 2020, 6:32:57 PM9/18/20
to Freshwater fishing club
Hi Tim…You know I am in Colorado till January….Jerry

Tim Doyle

Sep 18, 2020, 8:24:12 PM9/18/20
to tvfishi...@googlegroups.com
Ok I was responding to who ever is going out on Tuesday morning

Tim Doyle

Sep 18, 2020, 8:27:53 PM9/18/20
to tvfishi...@googlegroups.com
Gene what time are you guys going out on Tuesday.  I have a pontoon boat and going out st 7 a m from dead river marina lake eustus . I have 2 guys with me 2 of us are members of the club

Jackson, Gene

Sep 18, 2020, 9:24:23 PM9/18/20
to TV Fishing General Topics and Find a Buddy
Tuesday Plans
  • Group Text - if each boat captain will provide me their cell phone numbers I will setup a group text for our outing.  My thoughts are that each boat can report updates on catches and what seems to be working throughout the morning.
  • Hitting the water - I plan to be at the boat ramp by the Leesburg Boat Club at 7 AM.  My goal will be to head out on the water around 7:30 AM.
  • Lunch/Recap - lets get together at 12:30 PM at Ski Beach (at the entrance to Venetian Cove) for lunch and a recap of fishing results.  There are covered picnic tables or we can just anchor our boats off Ski Beach.
  • After lunch fishing - for those that want to go back out
Logistics
  • Everyone - Bring your own lunch stuff
  • Boat Captains - if you have any space available on your boat let me know and I will have the non-owners contact you directly.
  • If you need directions please let me know.
  • I will be hanging out at the ramp from 7 to 7:30 to share ideas of places to fish or to learn from those that know the lake better than i do!
My cell phone number is 206-618-8989.  Feel free to give me a call if you have additional questions.

Gene Jackson

Tim Doyle

Sep 18, 2020, 9:30:51 PM9/18/20
to tvfishi...@googlegroups.com
My cell is 4014404898 I am going out of a different marina  dead river.  But sounds like a fun day

Jerry Moran

Sep 19, 2020, 11:29:03 AM9/19/20
to Freshwater fishing club
Hi Tim…It is difficult to understand who is referring to who on this site…..but I have fished Harris and straight across past the island  from Venitian by the road I have caught some bass on Jiggs

Bob G

Sep 20, 2020, 6:15:20 PM9/20/20
to TV Fishing General Topics and Find a Buddy
I will be unable to make it Tuesday. Company coming in from out of town k

Philip Beitel

Sep 20, 2020, 7:18:13 PM9/20/20
to tvfishi...@googlegroups.com
I have room for 2 fishing buddies on my 22’ pontoon boat Tuesday.  7:30 at Venetian Cove.  Philip Beitel.   Cell: 415-717-9633

Sent from my iPhone