Looking to take my Mom fishing

Jackson, Gene

Apr 3, 2021, 9:42:33 AM4/3/21
to TV Fishing General Topics and Find a Buddy
I am looking for suggested areas that are wheelchair accessible for fishing.  My mother is turning 89 in a couple of months and I really would like to get her back out fishing.

Are there any of the Village Ponds that can be accessed via a wheelchair?  Or are there any docks or walkways that we could fish off of?

The attached photo shows her the last time we got out fishing.Mom catching a catfish.jpg

jog...@gmail.com

Apr 3, 2021, 4:03:23 PM4/3/21
to tvfishi...@googlegroups.com
Lake Paradise park area along RT441 might work.
Also take a look at the Lake Miona dock.

--
Thanks for using the Fishing Buddy forum.
---

Jackson, Gene

Apr 4, 2021, 7:36:02 AM4/4/21
to TV Fishing General Topics and Find a Buddy
Thanks Gary.  I will check out Lake Paradise.  There is to much deep sand to go through at Lake Miona.

Tom Evans

Apr 5, 2021, 12:49:34 PM4/5/21
to tvfishi...@googlegroups.com
While it’s not in The Villages, Lake Griffin in Leesburg has a nice metal fishing pier at the boat ramp off 441 that appears wheelchair accessible.
Tom Evans

On Apr 4, 2021, at 7:36 AM, Jackson, Gene <gene.j...@comcast.net> wrote:

Thanks Gary.  I will check out Lake Paradise.  There is to much deep sand to go through at Lake Miona.

gene.jackson

Apr 5, 2021, 2:02:37 PM4/5/21
to tvfishi...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Tom.  I'll check that out.