From anatomical MRI and EEG to connectivity matrix

MICHELANGELO FABBRIZZI

Mar 14, 2023, 2:20:31 PM3/14/23
to TVB Users
Dear TVB experts,

I'd like to ask you if it exists a pipeline for obtaining the connectivity matrix suitable for TVB given by a patient case with:
- rs-MRI (anatomical with DWI)
- rs-EEG
- no fMRI (i.e. BOLD not acquired).

I found at https://ebrains.eu/service/the-virtual-brain/#process_mri_data_sets_tvb the pipeline for using MRI/fMRI: I would like to understand if eventually fMRI acquisition is missing and we have only the EEG, we have the possibility to use TVB anyway.

If there are already toolbox/functions for doing that, I would appreciate any mention to it.

Thanks for your attention, kind regards

Randy McIntosh

Mar 15, 2023, 7:18:20 PM3/15/23
to tvb-...@googlegroups.com

It depends a little on what you want to do with TVB.  You can generate functional data from TVB with only the structural connectivity matrix that you can get from your DWI data. The simulated data can be converted to EEG with the forward model in TVB for data fitting.