TVB 2.2.2 jupyter_notebook.sh does not launch in Linux

Nicolas Fourcaud-Trocmé

May 25, 2021, 9:18:04 AM5/25/21
to TVB Users
Hello,

I am working on Ubuntu 20.04 and using the standalone version of TVB 2.2.2 . The web application works fine but I can't launch the Jupyter interface.

It tells me:

Executing jupyter_notebook.sh
Error executing Jupyter command 'notebook': [Errno 2] No such file or directory
Done.

I did not succeded to find the cause, I wondered if it could be related to the interpreter path at the start of the jupyter-notebook script:

#!/opt/conda/envs/tvb-run/bin/python

If I try to directly launch jupyter-notebook with the same environment variables as within jupyter_notebook.sh, I get :

(...) /opt/conda/envs/tvb-run/bin/python : mauvais interpréteur: Aucun fichier
ou dossier de ce type (translation: bad interpreter, no file or directory of this type)

I would appreciate any hint !

Thank you.

Nicolas

Lia Domide

May 26, 2021, 5:15:55 AM5/26/21
to TVB Users
Hi Nicolas,

We are looking into this in the following days.
We will come back also on this chat, when we have a solution or more questions for you.

Best,
Lia.

Nicolas Fourcaud-Trocmé

May 26, 2021, 5:32:45 AM5/26/21
to TVB Users
Thanks.

For now, I managed to start the notebook by putting the full path towards the TVB_Distribution Python of my setup in the first line of the script:
 (...)TVB_Distribution/tvb_data/bin/jupyter-notebook

It is now something like that :
#!/home/{username}/DATA/TVB/TVB_Distribution/tvb_data/bin/python

But it is clearly not a good solution as it depends on my setup details... and I am not at all good enough at "bash" to find the best solution

Best,
Nicolas