SupHopf example notebook frequency

David Lima

Sep 18, 2022, 8:59:22 PM9/18/22
to TVB Users
In the notebook exploring_supHopf_model.ipynb its stated that the frequency of the model, omega, is 2*pi*f(Hz). But when i simulate and calculate the frequency it's different by a factor of 1000. Am i understanding something incorrectly ?

A concrete example would be when i use 0.05 Hz which should produce 20s period waves i get 20ms period waves implying the frequency is in kHz and not Hz.

WOODMAN Michael

Sep 20, 2022, 3:54:59 AM9/20/22
to TVB Users
hi

TVB uses ms instead of s as a unit of time. Perhaps that's where your issue arises?

David Lima

Sep 20, 2022, 8:41:27 AM9/20/22
to TVB Users
Hi

Could you explain a bit better what you mean?

I want to understand if what i talked about is a misunderstanding on my part or if the exemple code is incorrect and the frequency for the suphopf model is not in Hz but kHz?