Parkinson and DBS

Rohit Paradkar

Oct 7, 2021, 4:13:43 PM10/7/21
to TVB Users
Hello I am very new to TVB.

For my research I want to model Parkinsons and simulate DBS to find the best electrode placement.

Is this possible to do with TVB? Are there any examples or tutorials?

Is there any parkinsons data that is available for this kind of experiment?

If I have to get my own data, what all will I need to use with TVB?

Any help or pointers would be really appreciated.

WOODMAN Michael

Oct 8, 2021, 3:18:41 AM10/8/21
to tvb-...@googlegroups.com

Hi

I would suggest spending some time on the docs site

http://docs.thevirtualbrain.org

We don’t yet have tutorials or tools specifically for Parkinson’s or DBS but it’s an active research topic.  TVB does let you build a model and test stimulation strategies, but you would need to define further what question you are looking to answer with the model.

Cheers,

Marmaduke

Ritter, Petra

Oct 8, 2021, 3:29:03 AM10/8/21
to tvb-...@googlegroups.com

Hi Rohit,

our recent preprint on “Virtual deep brain stimulation: Multiscale co-simulation of a spiking basal ganglia model and a whole-brain mean-field model with The Virtual Brainmight be of interest:

https://www.biorxiv.org/content/10.1101/2021.05.05.442704v1

You find some detailed lectures related to modeling deep brain stimulation here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y43Lt72_bDw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1RA_TRtaGgU

Please feel free to get in touch if you have any questions.

Best,

Petra