Use gui or code to optimize simulation

JIAQI ZHANG

Oct 14, 2021, 11:59:15 AMOct 14
to TVB Users
Hi everyone,
     I'm optimizing SC to get a better result of my simulation, and I'm puzzled whether to choose GUI or run code on the jupyter notebook to make the time shorter for the whole optimization process. Actually I evaluate the optimization may need 40 iteration and each iteration needs about 7hs to finish it if I use GUI.

Lia Domide

Oct 15, 2021, 2:08:35 AMOct 15
to TVB Users
Hi,

I think it completely depends on you, your style of work and your capabilities.

If you use the web GUI, then you also get storage, history of actions, and some sort of guidance in the flow and possible inputs.
These might be an unnecessary overhead, if you know python well and you can track your actions yourself, when the jupyter console might fit better.

Some examples can be found here: https://docs.thevirtualbrain.org/demos/Demos.html in case you need to figure the interactivity for each of the interfaces.

Best Regards,
Lia.