Jansen Rit in the interactive phase plane?

Karin Westin

Dec 24, 2022, 7:35:09 AM12/24/22
to TVB Users
Hi all!

I'm trying to explore the Jansen Rit model using the PhasePlaneInteractive() tool. However it seems no matter how you change your parameters you only get only get the output "No motion in this plane". What should I do about this? Ideally I would like to explore the effect of different coupling parameters (J, a_1, a_2 etc).

Thanks,
Karin

Lia Domide

Jan 2, 2023, 4:53:33 AM1/2/23
to TVB Users
Hi Karin,

happy new year!

Have you tried the web version of the phase-plane in TVB ?
Maybe the online installation at EBRAINS (you will need to register for a free account there) https://thevirtualbrain.apps.jsc.hbp.eu/burst/dynamic/

Small tips:
Pay attention to "State Variables shown on axes" section.
You need to click on the phase-plane area only 1-2 times to pick the initial conditions (for computing the signal's preview).
You can play with params Integration step size and number of integration steps for getting longer signals.

Screenshot 2023-01-02 at 11.48.03.png