Question about Fast_TVB/TVB_C

Nephiloso Wu

May 13, 2022, 8:09:27 AM5/13/22
to TVB Users
Hi all,

I'm trying to run my own simulation on EBrain. I read the script TVB_C.ipynb on the drive and realized that the simulation is actually packed in the docker container. Also, the script seems to be implemented specifically for the Deco-Wang model.

So my question is: Can I run my own simulation with Fast_TVB, or should I parallelize my simulation by myself? Thank you.

Regards,

Peixuan

Michiel van der Vlag

May 13, 2022, 6:01:46 PM5/13/22
to tvb-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Peixuan,

The fast tvb is only set for a single model indeed.
There are numerous models parallelized for the GPU which are part of RateML which can be found here: https://github.com/the-virtual-brain/tvb-root/tree/master/scientific_library/tvb/rateML/generatedModels. These can be run on Nvidia gpus with the driver found here: https://github.com/the-virtual-brain/tvb-root/tree/master/scientific_library/tvb/rateML/run/model_driver.py. RateML enables you to build your own models and parallelize them for the GPU starting from a XML file.

Kind regards,
Michiel.