InvalidParameterException: Field Time series [time_series] did not pass filters

JIAQI ZHANG

Sep 12, 2021, 11:33:45 PM9/12/21
to TVB Users

Hi!

When I've launched a surface-based model for 22h, I met the error'InvalidParameterException: Field Time series [time_series] did not pass filters' which I didn't met when I ran a region-based model.

The logs are in the attachment. Sorry to be a bothor!1.png2.png3.png
operations_executions.log.2021-09-12

vincze...@gmail.com

Sep 13, 2021, 3:57:48 AM9/13/21
to TVB Users
Hello!

First of all, we have found a solution to your problem which should work. I attached a file named monitors.py to this message. You should right-click on tvb.app and then follow this path: Show Package Contents -> Contents -> Resources -> lib -> python2.7 -> tvb -> simulator. Override the monitors.py file with the one I attached. This change should let you run your simulation.

Second of all, we want to let you know that you are using an older TVB version, not the current one. Upgrading your version would be another solution but then you wouldn't be able to use the local coupling strength as a range parameter as it is not supported in the current version. We are considering readding it and making it available in the next release so when that happens we strongly suggest that you upgrade your version. However, for now, if using this parameter is important for you, then stay with the current version.

Please let us know if you encounter any further problems!
monitors.py

JIAQI ZHANG

Sep 13, 2021, 8:30:34 PM9/13/21
to TVB Users
Thanks for your advice and file!  I use this file and get anothor error: ' boolean index did not match indexed array along dimension 1; dimension is 312292 but corresponding boolean dimension is 312257 '!
operations_executions.log.2021-09-13

Lia Domide

Sep 14, 2021, 3:46:20 PM9/14/21
to TVB Users
Hi. Thank you for your patience!
We are working to reproduce your problem. Could you please confirm for us:
- are you using tvb distribution version 1.5.8 ?  current version appears in your web browser page title when you use tvb
- is your large scale connectivity containing 35 subcortical regions ?

Best,
Lia.

JIAQI ZHANG

Sep 14, 2021, 7:37:13 PM9/14/21
to TVB Users
Thanks for your letter!
1、Yes, I'm using tvb_1.5.8;
2、actually my connectivity contains 36 subcortical regions

Popa Paula

Sep 15, 2021, 4:50:24 AM9/15/21
to tvb-...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I have managed to reproduce the error you have reported. Please find attached the updated monitors.py file with a fix.
You will need to do the same steps to override the monitors.py file under your TVB distribution, as my colleague Robert has previously explained.

Please let us know how this works for you.

Best,
Paula

monitors.py

JIAQI ZHANG

Sep 16, 2021, 4:21:47 AM9/16/21
to TVB Users
Thanks for your file and I'll try it again!
Besides, I have anothor question that does TVB contain the function to optimize SC ?

Lia Domide

Sep 16, 2021, 10:37:37 AM9/16/21
to TVB Users
Hi. Could you please put a bit more context on your last question?

does TVB contain the function to optimize SC ?

The web GUI of TVB contains this page with few functions on the SC:

Depending on what you mean by optimization of SC, maybe we can help with a piece of code similar with this one:

Best Regards,
Lia.

JIAQI ZHANG

Sep 17, 2021, 7:21:47 AM9/17/21
to TVB Users
Thanks for your newest 'monitor.py' and it works! However, the simulation of 2000ms needs about 6h, and I don't know is this normal?

Besides,  optimize SC means that do some tricks on SC  to make the sFC has a high correlation with eFC.

JIAQI ZHANG

Sep 17, 2021, 7:36:36 AM9/17/21
to TVB Users
Besides, I have anothor question that does FAST-TVB(https://hub.docker.com/r/thevirtualbrain/fast_tvb) run based on region-based model? Does there a fast way to run surface-based model?