Pulse Density

Rachel S

Apr 11, 2019, 3:24:18 PM4/11/19
to TVB Users
Hi,

In the Jansen & Rit 1995 paper, they mentioned that instead of using pulse train (delta train) as the input p(t), we should use pulse density as p(t). The random input should be set at 120 to 320 pulses per second. If I want to use Gaussian noise as the input p(t), how is that (120-320 pulse/s) translated to the mean and variance of the Gaussian?

I know in Jasen&Rit tutorial, phi_n_scaling = (jrm.a * jrm.A * (jrm.p_max-jrm.p_min) * 0.5 )**2 / 2. was used. Why is it calculated this way? And if I want to use EulerDeterministic integrator and add noise by my own, what should the variance be?

Thank you in advance.

Best,
Rachel

ja.sta...@gmail.com

Jul 14, 2021, 5:58:41 AMJul 14
to TVB Users
Hello,
I was wondering if you have found an answer to your question? I would really appreciate an explanation if you did:)
Thank you
Jan

ja.sta...@gmail.com

Jul 14, 2021, 6:12:12 AMJul 14
to TVB Users
Oh nevermind.
I just found your excellent explanation here: https://groups.google.com/g/tvb-users/c/66LFeV0Xtd0/m/ajYNg7lEAQAJ

Did the p(t)=default value and phi_scaling applied to y[4] worked for you?
Best
Jan