Re: 回复: [SUSPECTED SPAM] [TVB] Process Empirical SEEG data

WOODMAN Michael

Aug 2, 2022, 1:04:44 PM8/2/22
to tvb-...@googlegroups.com

hi,

Please also look at the estimated offsets and amplitude parameters, since these might explain what you're seeing.

cheers,

Marmaduke

Aug 3, 2022, 3:04:13 AM8/3/22
to tvb-users
So is it better to calculate the gain matrix with openmeeg?

Aug 3, 2022, 7:00:04 AM8/3/22
to tvb-users
Hi,
And now I have another problem, that is, I use the same parameters to run the code twice, and the results are different. The results of the two runs are shown in the figure:

And the results of these two times are quite different. What is the reason? Do you have any suggestions?
lala

Aug 3, 2022, 10:33:58 AM8/3/22
to tvb-...@googlegroups.com

Hi,

The general trends are consistent across runs is similar.  Given how these algorithms work it's possible for runs to be a bit different depending on the initialization.

cheers,

Marmaduke

Aug 4, 2022, 2:52:38 AM8/4/22
to tvb-users
Hi,
thank you for your reply. Is there any way to improve it?  Although the general trends are consistent across runs is similar, it is impossible to accurately estimate EZ in this way, because I don't know which operation result is reliable.

Aug 8, 2022, 5:54:55 AM8/8/22
to tvb-...@googlegroups.com

What algorithm (advi, hmc, etc) are you using?

Aug 8, 2022, 6:23:59 AM8/8/22
to tvb-users
The algorithm I use is advi

Aug 8, 2022, 6:34:53 AM8/8/22
to tvb-...@googlegroups.com

With ADVI, you will have more stable results when using many MC samples for the ELBO estimate.  Are you using Stan or PyMC3?

Aug 8, 2022, 6:40:13 AM8/8/22
to tvb-users
I use Stan. What do many MC samples mean? Do I need more electrodes or more iterations?

Aug 8, 2022, 7:47:04 AM8/8/22
to tvb-users
OK, thank you very much for your help

Sep 5, 2022, 6:01:35 AM9/5/22
to TVB Users
hi

Do you have an image of the gain matrix or some statistics on its values?  If you have an image of the positions of the sensors relative to the positions of the regions? It may be that it is not well conditioned causing issues for estimations.

cheers,
Marmaduke
Message has been deleted

lala z

Sep 14, 2022, 3:52:34 AM9/14/22
to TVB Users
Hello, I seem to find that the accuracy of EZ prediction is very low, mainly because the brain area node that contributes the most to the seeg electrode in the gain matrix is inconsistent with the anatomical position of the seeg electrode in the brain segmentation map. The gain matrix is calculated from the coordinates of the brain area center and the seeg electrode, and the anatomical position of seeg in the brain segmentation map is determined according to the voxel position and electrode position in the brain segmentation map, Therefore, there may be errors. Is my guess correct? What can be done to improve it?