Re: [RESEAUX SOCIAUX] [TVB] Issue with Reproducing Results from TVB-EduCase-BrainTumor Tutorial

WOODMAN Michael

Feb 23, 2024, 4:31:43 AMFeb 23
to tvb-...@googlegroups.com

hi

I might be reading this wrong, but there's a bug in the tutorial: it does not run new simulations for each value of G, but rather, it changes the G and continues the same simulation.  Your code appears to be correct, configuring a new simulator for each.  Perhaps you could introduce this bug in your code and see fi the plot looks similar to the tutorial.

Why would there be a bug in the tutorial?  It appears the original script used multiprocessing to run multiple G values, which would fork the process effectively copying the first simulation object and running it from the start.  But this is a (very) precarious approach: better to configure a new simulator for each value of G.

cheers,

Marmaduke

Feb 23, 2024, 5:31:43 AMFeb 23
to tvb-...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Marmaduke for the insight, the tutorial could be generalized and adapted to become more efficient.

Regarding Szymon's results, they are ok. For some subjects the drop is more pronounced, for others there is a sort of reduced peak and then a plateau, see for example CON01 here https://github.com/AmoghJohri/TVB-Tests/blob/master/convolved_vs_decvonolved.ipynb

Szymon Tyras

Feb 24, 2024, 1:26:20 AMFeb 24
to TVB Users
Dear Marmaduke and Daniele Marinazzo,

Thank you for your responses. Indeed, Marmaduke accurately diagnosed the problem. I also appreciate the reassurance regarding my code.

Best regards,
Szymon