area.txt in structural connectivity input

Jeehye An

May 31, 2022, 10:59:13 AM5/31/22
to TVB Users
Hi,

I am importing DTI-based structural connectivity data into TVB. I already have text files for weights, tract_lengths, and and centers.
One of the (optional) inputs is area.txt (in mm^2). Could someone explain to me what this is supposed to be? I'd understand mass/volume per region but I'm not sure about area!

Jeehye

WOODMAN Michael

May 31, 2022, 1:49:19 PM5/31/22
to tvb-...@googlegroups.com
hi,

This would be the cortical area as reported by e.g. FreeSurfer.  It is not used for the simulation, so you can set it to ones for each region if you don't have that information.

cheers,
Marmaduke

Esteban Félez

Jul 20, 2023, 9:10:04 AM7/20/23
to TVB Users
Hi there,

Following with these lines, which are the files .txt used in the simulation and I need to provide? I have a connectome but now I need to transform it to use it in TVB, but I don't have all the other files.

Thanks,
Esteban