On the parameters of the reduced wong-wang model

shikei Chang (おわり)

Nov 5, 2023, 3:38:15 AM11/5/23
to TVB Users
Dear Community Members,

I am writing to seek guidance regarding the parameters used in the Reduced Wong-Wang model implemented in The Virtual Brain. My current research involves utilizing this model for computing time series data, and I have observed an unexpectedly low correlation of approximately 0.1 when comparing this computed data with measurements obtained from functional magnetic resonance imaging (fMRI).

This stark contrast in correlation leads me to suspect potential inaccuracies in the model's parameters, possibly contributing to the poor fit between the computed data and the actual fMRI measurements. Consequently, I am keen to gain a deeper understanding of the practical implications and specific roles of these parameters within the model. I am particularly interested in understanding whether these parameters directly correspond to neuronal activity or are linked to other crucial aspects, allowing me to make necessary adjustments for a better fit with the empirical data.

Your expertise and insights into the practical meanings and implications of these parameters in the context of neural activity or any other pertinent factors would be immensely helpful in refining my data fitting process.

Thank you for your time and invaluable assistance.

Best regards,

Shikei Chang