Type of Bifurcation point

Wer White

Jan 16, 2022, 7:56:58 PM1/16/22
to TVB Users
Dear TVBers,
I'm puzzled that there are many types of bifurcation, such as hopf bifurcation, limit point bifurcation, i.e. saddle nodel birfucation, transcritical bifurcation and so on.

So which kind of bifurcation appears is best for the fit of FC and SC? Do they have significant differece in the performance of simulation?

* This question is based on the bifurcation of single neural mass model, not the whole brain network.

Looking forward to your reply!

Best,
Wer

WOODMAN Michael

Jan 17, 2022, 2:33:55 AM1/17/22
to TVB Users

hi

Izhikevich has a nice book with a few chapters on a geometric introduction to bifurcations in neural models, which can be found online.  It may be helpful.

> which kind of bifurcation appears is best for the fit of FC and SC?

This is a good question, but I'm not aware of any conclusive answer so far.

cheers,

Marmaduke

Jan 21, 2022, 3:56:13 AM1/21/22
to tvb-...@googlegroups.com
Thanks, Marmaduke. Besides, I have another question about generic 2d oscillator, I know g2d has many regimes, such as excitable regime, oscillatory regime, limit cycle oscillator and so on.

I do not clear the relationship between these regimes and the fit between FC and SC, in fact i wonder whether the meaning of bifurcation is the sudden change of the whole system, such as two stable fixed points->one stable and one saddle node or two stable fixed points->one stable points and so on.

I know my questions are such stupid but I'm so puzzled for a long time!

Best,
Wer

WOODMAN Michael <marmaduk...@univ-amu.fr> 于2022年1月17日周一 15:33写道:

Wer White

Jan 21, 2022, 4:31:56 AM1/21/22
to tvb-...@googlegroups.com
Sorry, I have another question, does each neural mass model in TVB can be used to simulate the resting-state and task-state?

Wer White <wer.wh...@gmail.com> 于2022年1月21日周五 16:56写道: