Functional connectivity matrix

Muhammed Görünen

May 8, 2022, 5:42:38 PM5/8/22
to TVB Users
Hi TVB users,

I managed to upload connectivity, surface, and region mapping files to TVB. How can I extract empirical functional connectivity matrix from the outputs of Stefanescu-Jirsa model? Is the random initialization of nodes possible? Also, is it possible to obtain an empirical fMRI volume data from TVB? Thanks in advance.

Best,
--Muhammed

WOODMAN Michael

May 9, 2022, 3:46:53 AM5/9/22
to tvb-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

If you are able to run simulations, you can configure a BOLD monitor and a volumetric BOLD monitor to generate the time series for both, and then compute an FC matrix from the BOLD monitor time series (i.e. per ROI).  Small detail: this will not be an empirical FC but a simulated one.

Random initialization is the default, there's nothing specific you need to do for that.

cheers,
Marmaduke

Muhammed Görünen

May 15, 2022, 7:24:22 PM5/15/22
to TVB Users
Hi Marmaduke,

Thank you for the answer. There are six variables that can be monitored. Which one should be used to obtain the simulated FC? Should I look at the correlation between these time series signals? Should TVB analysis section be used during this process?

Best,

--Muhammed

WOODMAN Michael

May 20, 2022, 4:15:44 AM5/20/22
to tvb-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

This is usually something you should decide based on your application, but sketched broadly, that model is based using two Hindmarsh Rose  populations, where the 1st variable of each is the voltage like variable, the 3rd is an adaptation variable which may reflect  metabolic demand as inferred with BOLD.  You would need the keep then the 3rd and 6th variables, sum them and then process that with the BOLD analyzer.

cheers,
Marmaduke