Large Scale Connectivity

Lin Chen

Apr 18, 2022, 10:32:24 PM4/18/22
to TVB Users
Hi there,

Just have a few questions regarding the large scale connectivity in TVB.

1. I know that we can modify the length and weight of connection and save them by creating a new connectivity, but instead of a new one, can we just use the existing connectivity, change its connection, and save the changes in the existing connectivity?

2. Once I set the weight or length of connection to 0 and save it, I can no longer change that matrix in the new version. Is that normal?

Thank you very much for your time!

Regards,
Lin

WOODMAN Michael

Apr 25, 2022, 4:42:14 AM4/25/22
to tvb-...@googlegroups.com
hi

Are you using the GUI? You should be able to modify and save a connectivity, yes.

cheers,
Marmaduke

Lin Chen

Apr 25, 2022, 7:33:22 AM4/25/22
to TVB Users
Hi,
Yes, I am using the GUI, but the only option I have is create a new connectivity from the selected or unselected nodes? May I ask how do you modify and save a connectivity?
Thank you!

Lia Domide

Apr 25, 2022, 3:39:46 PM4/25/22
to TVB Users
Hi Lin,

1. In TVB WEB GUI, you can alter the Large Scale Connectivity matrices, by changing edge values and save the edited form as a new Connectivity. You can not change the original Connectivity DataType itself and persist in the same entity. The reason we choose this implementation, is for preserving reproducibility. Operations launched with the initial state, should remain consistent. Also linked TimeSeries on the original Connectivity need it to remain intact.
2. You should be able to edit a previously edited Connectivity multiple times (and save multiple copies).

In case your scenario is not to cut nodes, but preserve all original nodes, and just alter connections, I suggest you use the most right button to save the new entity, as it will also recreate the linked entities (like the RegionMapping).

Best,
Lia.

EditAndSaveNewWithRM.png

Lin Chen

May 1, 2022, 10:32:54 AM5/1/22
to TVB Users
Hi Lia,

Thank you very much for your reply and suggestion!

Regards,
Lin